JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Outbreak was more realistic since it showed that we can thank government for most deadly virus threats. Anyone that thinks that after gays were around for hundreds or thousands of years that aids just appeared on its own, out of the blue, almost overnight? I have a bridge to sell you. Government loves fear and nothing scares the sheep more than a silent killer.

That said, I enjoy a good end of days movie.

I must protest another posting of this paranoid false rumor. I HATE PARANOID MISINFORMATION BEING SPREAD BY OTHERWISE INTELLIGENT PEOPLE---usually sourced from some conservative, right-wing blog! There is always some "oppressed" group like gays or African Americans claiming that the government is practicing genocide against them, and then some anti-government group claiming that this is "evidence" for their paranoia. The reality is that disease vectors like viruses and bacteria are NATURALLY evolving to use us to spread themselves and to then EAT US. It is their NATURE, not a government genocidal conspiracy! The bugs do not need any help to destroy us.

For what it is worth I took two years of pre-medical science university courses in the early 1980's when AIDS first appeared and have kept close track of news developments about AIDS through the years. AIDS did NOT appear suddenly. Studies of preserved blood specimens from African humans and apes from the early 1950's showed clearly that the virus was naturaly latent in apes, probably historically, and present in a few mysteriously dying humans. Sometime early in that decade ape blood mixed into a human, probably while slaughtering "bush meat." The virus spread slowly because the carriers lived only in the most rural areas and died soon before they could pass the virus widely. The ebola virus is similar in that it exists latently in some unknown animal, and the rural victims die before the virus spreads far, and so the infection limits itself.

In the late 1970's homosexual immigrants from Africa spread the virus to Haiti, then to New York and San Francisco, and since in those days both gays and straights were VERY promiscuous the virus spread like wildfire. It spreads more easily in gays because the rectum tears easily while the vagina does not, allowing the virus to enter the bloodstream. At first it was called the "Party Plague" because the cause was not known and it was mostly a promiscuous gay person's disease; later in the 1980's the virus was discovered. And roughly a decade later the 1950's blood samples proved that the AIDS virus has been on the planet a long time..............................elsullo

Outbreak was more realistic since it showed that we can thank government for most deadly virus threats. Anyone that thinks that after gays were around for hundreds or thousands of years that aids just appeared on its own, out of the blue, almost overnight? I have a bridge to sell you. Government loves fear and nothing scares the sheep more than a silent killer.

That said, I enjoy a good end of days movie.

i'm gonna pass on this movie and wait for the sequel when the virus mutates and caused all the dead people become zombies, far more entertaining

I must protest another posting of this paranoid false rumor. I HATE PARANOID MISINFORMATION BEING SPREAD BY OTHERWISE INTELLIGENT PEOPLE---usually sourced from some conservative, right-wing blog! There is always some "oppressed" group like gays or African Americans claiming that the government is practicing genocide against them, and then some anti-government group claiming that this is "evidence" for their paranoia. The reality is that disease vectors like viruses and bacteria are NATURALLY evolving to use us to spread themselves and to then EAT US. It is their NATURE, not a government genocidal conspiracy! The bugs do not need any help to destroy us.

For what it is worth I took two years of pre-medical science university courses in the early 1980's when AIDS first appeared and have kept close track of news developments about AIDS through the years. AIDS did NOT appear suddenly. Studies of preserved blood specimens from African humans and apes from the early 1950's showed clearly that the virus was naturaly latent in apes, probably historically, and present in a few mysteriously dying humans. Sometime early in that decade ape blood mixed into a human, probably while slaughtering "bush meat." The virus spread slowly because the carriers lived only in the most rural areas and died soon before they could pass the virus widely. The ebola virus is similar in that it exists latently in some unknown animal, and the rural victims die before the virus spreads far, and so the infection limits itself.

In the late 1970's homosexual immigrants from Africa spread the virus to Haiti, then to New York and San Francisco, and since in those days both gays and straights were VERY promiscuous the virus spread like wildfire. It spreads more easily in gays because the rectum tears easily while the vagina does not, allowing the virus to enter the bloodstream. At first it was called the "Party Plague" because the cause was not known and it was mostly a promiscuous gay person's disease; later in the 1980's the virus was discovered. And roughly a decade later the 1950's blood samples proved that the AIDS virus has been on the planet a long time..............................elsullo

Thank you! It's good to see someone on this forum with some common sense! :s0155::s0155:

Maybe Zombieland II eldbillo - already in pre-production apparently!

As for cures, yes you are dead on. Many diseases have been cured long ago, but because there are billions to be made in profits in the treatments, they are not 'cured.' There are those who had aids, but now are 100% aids free because they didn't kiss the establishment/FDA's rear. Chris Rock nailed that one. The best DVD for my long term health was "World Without Cancer" by G. Edward Griffin. Lifesaving info. Cancer is entirely unnecessary and was cured in the 1950s. That, of course, sounds like lunacy to the masses, but the bottom line is no one that follows the dietary guidelines of that book/dvd have ever died of cancer yet. There are entire populations of people that have never had one instance of cancer. You are not supposed to be aware of that of course.

The proof is in the pudding. Smoking, etc, are triggers for cancer but not the cause. The cause is simply dietary. That is why cancer was very rare a hundred years ago but now one out of four Americans can expect to get cancer. The substances that stop cancer have been removed from our diets. Ignorance kills.

elsullo

"I HATE PARANOID MISINFORMATION BEING SPREAD BY OTHERWISE INTELLIGENT PEOPLE---usually sourced from some conservative, right-wing blog!"

I am a conservative and found your assumption on the quoted section insulting, for no other reason then your implication that such misinformation can only be from one end of the spectrum. Both ends of the political/social have similar problems on many issues and just because something is on a blog does not make it instantly true.

I did find the rest of your reply to be rather thoughtful and well explained. And I applaud your for sharing it in a clear concise manner.
Thank you

Riverrat - common sense is not the same as education. If it were, a lot of politicians would have a lot more of it.

While I agree with your post (mostly) i must disagree with some of your statements. AIDS didn't come to the US through immigrants but rather through a group of stewards and stewardesses who had been flying between the US and Germany. In fact, we know (or are fairly certain, anyway) that patient 0 in Europe was Arvid Noe, a person who sailed to Africa, was probably infected there and brought the disease back to Europe where he took up truck driving and brothels.

As for it not passing vaginally, sir, you are VERY mistaken. It is only a homosexual disease in the US. In Africa, is is a heterosexual disease....

Also, you should check the advent of AIDS with the use of early polio vaccines in Africa....and the use of chimpanzee liver to replicate the virus....

But other than that....

This is one of the "politically correct" things that humor me.
The spread of AIDS
Man + woman = sex when the woman wants it
Man + man = sex when the man wants it or all the time
No mystery that most men want sex all of the time,hence the fast spread of AIDS in the 80's

As for the movie,I'm guessing this is what we are in for till the break down of society.
Well this and Zombies

Well, sir, I did not say that, did I? And AIDS is certainly BOTH a homosexual AND heterosexual disease everywhere now. I was describing the early days of the outbreak when in the West it seemed confined only to gays. Also, in Africa few people admit to being homosexual since it is taboo and generally illegal in countries with a dominant Muslim culture. AND the early 1950's blood samples which contained the AIDS virus were preserved for later study BEFORE the invention of the polio vaccine.........................elsullo

As for it not passing vaginally, sir, you are VERY mistaken. It is only a homosexual disease in the US. In Africa, is is a heterosexual disease.

Try "The Hot Zone" by Richard Preston- the true story of how ebola came to the US and nearly caused a major pandemic.

Ebola makes AIDS look like fun.

Well, sir, I did not say that, did I? And AIDS is certainly BOTH a homosexual AND heterosexual disease everywhere now. I was describing the early days of the outbreak when in the West it seemed confined only to gays. Also, in Africa few people admit to being homosexual since it is taboo and generally illegal in countries with a dominant Muslim culture. AND the early 1950's blood samples which contained the AIDS virus were preserved for later study BEFORE the invention of the polio vaccine.........................elsullo
You're right, you didn't say it wouldn't pass vaginally, what you said was "It spreads more easily in gays because the rectum tears easily while the vagina does not, allowing the virus to enter the bloodstream." I would like to see any studies you have read that document the ease of transmission via anal sex vs. vaginal sex...

Maybe when I was working at the hospitals from 78 - 2001 I missed all that good information that you seem to have gotten....heavens, I don't know. I guess they didn't keep me as up to date as you were kept. After all, I was just working with blood borne pathogens all the time, each and every day.

Also, your theory does not explain how children from a group home in NY who received a test dose of polio vaccine happened to develop HIV during the 60's, just like the explosion of cases in Africa that just happened to follow the path of polio test doses given out in the Congo, etc....

(Although this theory only explains Type M HIV, and not the other strains)....

Well, elsullo,
at least you tried. I salute you!

Not that it makes much difference to individuals who are brazenly anti-intellectual and who politicize any and all scientific data.
But I admire your gumption to once again "wrestle with the pig," as it were.

Me, I usually shrug it off, but every so often something gets my goat. This AIDS-conspiracy lunacy is a good one, I'll grant you that, but not enough to get me to rise to the bait.

Cheers!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads