JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Feds switched recently to a deeper level of computer records searching, which confuses a lot of similar names across different states. As of a couple of years ago, the Oregon State Police Firearms Unit would make the calls for you and sort it out for free (paid for by your ten dollar fee), BUT things might be different now due to budget cuts. Call the OSP Firearms Instant Check System at 1-800-432-5059 and ask for the "Challenge Line" and you will reach a nice person who will listen sympathetically to your issue. NOTE: these are actually nice people who want to help you, so don't DUMP on them or treat them rudely---it's not their fault that computers are easily confused.

In my case the Federal computer dug out a missing checkbox from 1972 that had to be checked! Three different states were involved, yet the nice person at the OSP called them all and sorted it out for me. Things may work out for you better than you dread............................elsullo

Another different issue: technically a "hold" can only last two weeks, I think, and then the seller can release the gun to you no matter that they got no resolution from the Feds. BUT, most sensible dealers will keep holding the gun anyway even though they are not required to, just to be on the safe side and keep right with the Feds..............................elsullo

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top