JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This bill is part of the nationwide effort by urban-based Democratic "liberals" to disarm this Nation. It's a big deal for Oregonians, so I'm sharing verbatim a post I got from NRA. What's especially sad about it is that its sponsors and enthusiastic political supporters are disproportionately female - those most vulnerable to the kind of violent depredations now being inflicted daily on Asian American women and helpless senior citizens.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On June 15, the Oregon Senate will hold a concurrence vote on anti-gun legislation, Senate Bill 554. Following its questionable advancement and amendments with little to no time for public input, it is imperative that NRA Members and Second Amendment supporters contact their State Senator and ask them to OPPOSE Senate Bill 554.

Senate Bill 554 affects law abiding gun owners in Oregon by:
  • Allowing Oregon's more than 1,224 school district boards to prohibit Concealed Handgun License Holders (CHL) on their grounds
  • Allows the State Capitol and airports to prohibit CHL holders
  • Mandates one-size-fits-all firearms storage within your home and vehicle
  • DOUBLES CHL application fees and increases renewal fees by 50%
  • Potential felony prosecution and loss of your firearm rights for violations
  • As originally drafted, SB 554 gutted Oregon's Preemption law by handing authority over to any municipality, to dictate firearms laws in any public building. For more information on how the measure was amended behind the scenes, see our previous alert here.
Again, it is extremely important that you contact your State Senator and ask them to OPPOSE Senate Bill 554.

After delaying the Senate vote on SB 554 until June 11th, and then moving it again to June 15th, the Senate has now scheduled the vote for tomorrow.

There have been no explanations for these multiple changes, and it could change again.

SB 554, as you know, combines the restrictions from the original 554 with the lock up requirements of HB 2510.

The Senate convenes tomorrow at 10.30 am.

If the Senate approves of the changes made in the House, the bill will go to the Governor and will pass.

If they do not approve, the bill will go to a conference committee to come up with a version both houses approve of.

Contacted my lefty senator. Pretty sure I was placed immediately in the ignore pile.

It is pretty insulting that we go through more training, education, and background checks than the morons writing these bills. Yet they preach and punish us for where we go and how we store the items we respect and know more about than 100 of them put together. Their knowledge of firearms goes about as deep as what they see in movies. That's like me preaching to NASA about their space program after watching "Armageddon".

doing my part GIF

This bill is part of the nationwide effort by urban-based Democratic "liberals" to disarm this Nation. It's a big deal for Oregonians, so I'm sharing verbatim a post I got from NRA. What's especially sad about it is that its sponsors and enthusiastic political supporters are disproportionately female - those most vulnerable to the kind of violent depredations now being inflicted daily on Asian American women and helpless senior citizens.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On June 15, the Oregon Senate will hold a concurrence vote on anti-gun legislation, Senate Bill 554. Following its questionable advancement and amendments with little to no time for public input, it is imperative that NRA Members and Second Amendment supporters contact their State Senator and ask them to OPPOSE Senate Bill 554.

Senate Bill 554 affects law abiding gun owners in Oregon by:
  • Allowing Oregon's more than 1,224 school district boards to prohibit Concealed Handgun License Holders (CHL) on their grounds
  • Allows the State Capitol and airports to prohibit CHL holders
  • Mandates one-size-fits-all firearms storage within your home and vehicle
  • DOUBLES CHL application fees and increases renewal fees by 50%
  • Potential felony prosecution and loss of your firearm rights for violations
  • As originally drafted, SB 554 gutted Oregon's Preemption law by handing authority over to any municipality, to dictate firearms laws in any public building. For more information on how the measure was amended behind the scenes, see our previous alert here.
Again, it is extremely important that you contact your State Senator and ask them to OPPOSE Senate Bill 554.

Useful/disposable idiots are part of every takeover in history.

If everyone can pass up their next NW Firearm's blather post and email their Senator it can make a difference.

Click on your address to get your State Senator if you are unsure: https://www.zipdatamaps.com/politics/state-level/district/map-of-oregon-state-senate-district-022

Email address's here: https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/senate/Pages/SenatorsDistrict.aspx

I live in the inner - inner city. Mines Lew Fredericks. Lew gets an F rating on Firearms and he's not a bad guy, but I want him to know how I feel. Hopefully I strike a nerve or tug at his heart so that he can agree with me. Whatever you write doesn't have to be perfect, the important part is to put your thoughts out there so they can hear from us.

"Good day sir:

Lew, I live in your district and voted for you. I am writing a note to ask you to vote NO on this Racist law coming up for a vote June 15th, SB 554.

Sir, we have way too many laws already, and as you well know, laws like this will do little to nothing to make anyone safer and it will hit honest hard working and poorer African-Americans the hardest. Huge fines will not do anything to change a single issue the law is intending to "fix. Rich people who get caught violating them, if they get caught at all, will simply shrug and pay the fine and move on. What will poor people do? Borrow the $ from you? They'll go to jail if they don't and they'll likely go to jail anyway just because the system is unfair. Why would you, or anyone, want to make it even more unfair? We've got enough folks in jail already.

Please turn down this "common sense" nonsense. Let people live their lives in peace. Turn down and reject all the balony that makes up SB 554.

followed by my name and home address

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads