JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The US seems to be waiting on the fed to solve the high inflation. I would argue that if you as a consumer are worried about inflation, you can help bring it down. Prices rise when demand is high and supply is restricted. As a consumer you can decide how much to participate in demand for a product or service. It doesn't appear that consumers have cut back on spending so it's no surprise that we are still seeing high inflation.

Edit: I am evidently not too concerned with inflation since I am still spending more than I am bringing in every month.

Last Edited:
Well yeah. With the predatory advertisement of "same day loans", cash back credit offers, refinance offers, and so forth... it's no surprise that people are still spending a lot of money on unneeded things. On the other hand.. I'm seeing grocery prices increasing regardless of supply/demand across the board. Since I am on Disability, and my wife is also getting SNAP benefits (not much it seems); we are not going to see any real increase in anything, so we're dealing with paying more, for less goods and services, and expected to shut up and like it according to the State :rolleyes: this is also why I'm doing a side gig with my brother with resales and thrift flips.

Consumers will end up making a difference. As price keeps going up people buy less. Interest going up, people buy less. Of course what comes with this is job loss at the same time. We are going to have to feel some real pain to make up for all the fun we had printing money to throw away.

Well yeah. With the predatory advertisement of "same day loans", cash back credit offers, refinance offers, and so forth... it's no surprise that people are still spending a lot of money on unneeded things. On the other hand.. I'm seeing grocery prices increasing regardless of supply/demand across the board. Since I am on Disability, and my wife is also getting SNAP benefits (not much it seems); we are not going to see any real increase in anything, so we're dealing with paying more, for less goods and services, and expected to shut up and like it according to the State :rolleyes: this is also why I'm doing a side gig with my brother with resales and thrift flips.
A lot of consumers are making bank these days and spending it. Unless these people cut back or supply is greatly increased we are going to continue to see prices rise.

Not necessarily because of income but I have cut my calorie intake down to 1200ish calories a day and I am stalled out at current weight (which is still high). People might be surprised at how much fewer groceries they could survive on. I have always been a careful shopper but now more than ever. If it's not a great sale I am probably not buying it.

Consumers will end up making a difference. As price keeps going up people buy less. Interest going up, people buy less. Of course what comes with this is job loss at the same time. We are going to have to feel some real pain to make up for all the fun we had printing money to throw away.
Good point about people buying less causing job losses. That is part of the Consumer's power. If they buy less, people lose jobs. Those people who lose jobs buy less and on and on it goes. Eventually rising prices will slow and maybe even drop in some areas like housing and energy.

We have very little we can do for inflation. The world governments are running their money printing presses like crazy. Australia just had to print their central bank out of insolvency, Bank of England did it to save pensions (which might be a smoke screen because they really needed to save the country from collapse), Japan is printing money, South Korea, etc etc. Germany at all time high inflation this week. Turkey at 80%, Argentina at 78%, Czech republic at 16%, Poland at 12%, Netherlands at 12% Greece at 10%, UK at 10%. Not to mention all the tiny countries that are >50% inflation,

Just look at the US. The reverse repo loans just hit another all time high even though the fed said this would be going down. the H8 data shows that central banks are losing so much on treasuries that they quit publishing the data. So the banks are loaning their money to the fed at the rate of $2.4 trillion a day just to get their $160 million a day in interest payments (from the fed, printed from nothing) because every other investment is worse. They are supposed to be investing in treasuries and they cant because they would all go broke.

We have a student loan forgiveness plan we have to pay for. But that just got its legs cut out from it because the banks who have SLABS (student loan asset backed securities) dont want to give up their investments so those loans wont get cancelled so that people can continue to funnel money into the banks.

Barclays just got caught selling $17 billion in securities it did not have more than likely so another bank or hedge fund could put those fake shares on their books to act as collateral for margin for their risky investments. Fed prints money, gives it to Barclays, Barclays sells fake shares so another bank or fund can have fake collateral to back their crazy stupid investments like mortgage backed securities because nothing changed form 2008.

Then the dollar milkshake. The only way out of the dollar milkshake is to print more money because the world wants dollars and the worlds way out of the dollar milkshake is to print more of their currency to buy more dollars.

The world scheme right how is to print money to funnel it to the banks who prop up their quadrillion derivative scheme while we all pay for it with inflation.

now we could dust off the guillotines but no one seems to like that idea and we will just march ourselves in a global depression instead.

We have very little we can do for inflation. The world governments are running their money printing presses like crazy. Australia just had to print their central bank out of insolvency, Bank of England did it to save pensions (which might be a smoke screen because they really needed to save the country from collapse), Japan is printing money, South Korea, etc etc. Germany at all time high inflation this week. Turkey at 80%, Argentina at 78%, Czech republic at 16%, Poland at 12%, Netherlands at 12% Greece at 10%, UK at 10%. Not to mention all the tiny countries that are >50% inflation,

Just look at the US. The reverse repo loans just hit another all time high even though the fed said this would be going down. the H8 data shows that central banks are losing so much on treasuries that they quit publishing the data. So the banks are loaning their money to the fed at the rate of $2.4 trillion a day just to get their $160 million a day in interest payments (from the fed, printed from nothing) because every other investment is worse. They are supposed to be investing in treasuries and they cant because they would all go broke.

We have a student loan forgiveness plan we have to pay for. But that just got its legs cut out from it because the banks who have SLABS (student loan asset backed securities) dont want to give up their investments so those loans wont get cancelled so that people can continue to funnel money into the banks.

Barclays just got caught selling $17 billion in securities it did not have more than likely so another bank or hedge fund could put those fake shares on their books to act as collateral for margin for their risky investments. Fed prints money, gives it to Barclays, Barclays sells fake shares so another bank or fund can have fake collateral to back their crazy stupid investments like mortgage backed securities because nothing changed form 2008.

Then the dollar milkshake. The only way out of the dollar milkshake is to print more money because the world wants dollars and the worlds way out of the dollar milkshake is to print more of their currency to buy more dollars.

The world scheme right how is to print money to funnel it to the banks who prop up their quadrillion derivative scheme while we all pay for it with inflation.

now we could dust off the guillotines but no one seems to like that idea and we will just march ourselves in a global depression instead.
I guess as a consumer the less stuff or services you buy the less you will be impacted by the inflation. If enough people buy less supplies should loosen up.

I have noticed a lot of NWFA classifieds that appear to have gone without buyers. I have been trying hard to hold on to my dollars to save for Black Friday deals.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top