JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Constitutional Carry Index

According to the above, Oregon is one of
22 States planning to introduce
or that have already introduced
Constitutional Carry laws in their legislatures

Anyway I thought that was interesting. BTW, when I lived in Wyoming, it had a concealed carry law that was actually inferior to Oregon's, primarily because there is a list of exceptions where you can't carry like churches. However open carry is not uncommon there as it completely unrestricted, as there is no law at all about it, and the strong exemption law prevents cities from cooking up their own prohibition, and cops don't usually make a fuss about it. Even with Constitutional Concealed Carry though, the restrictive list still applies! Oh well, "concealed is concealed".

I suspect Constitutional Carry would be a good fit in a place like Oregon. Anyone know what is going on with it?

With Kate "Bloomberg" Brown? Still not likely. :(
You got a point there, she's no better than the other brown down in CA. I saw an article online recently that she had been caught with her hand in the cookie jar, any chance that might have some legs and get her fired? Other than that looks like we are going to be stuck with her till next election.

I don't know what's going on with any particular legislation, but I will say that many of the districts are fairly conservative rural areas, so I wouldn't be surprised if legislators there are amenable to the idea of Constitutional carry, minus the hardcore Schumerites. The problem as usual is getting their constituents to actively pressure them to support it. They really do listen to the people who put them in office (emphasis on their constituents though, not some yahoo calling from the other side of the state), but you have to constantly hammer them, and I'm guessing we all have lives outside of lobbying.

Another issue is that law enforcement (at least the public relations side of LE) is often against the idea of Constitutional carry, and legislators tend to listen to their concerns very closely.

Another issue is that law enforcement (at least the public relations side of LE) is often against the idea of Constitutional carry, and legislators tend to listen to their concerns very closely
I know someone in le, and he's a good guy. While I acknowledge the good people in le, I no longer feel concerns of constitutional Carry are actual concerns. I feel it's about money. If they want to keep legalisation that says show proof you can handle a weapon, fine. The 65 bucks every 4 years? That's our extortion fees. Any fee in regard to gun rights is just extortion. That's how I view it anymore.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads