JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm torn on this type of thing...but I do know that the Supremes have ruled that treaties with other countries does not trump the Constitution. I'm guessing that when push comes to shove, the targeting of US citizens will be found to be unconstitutional. But, that is just a guess. Once it is found to be unconstitutional, the civil suit will force the government to settle...kind of the way they did with Randy Weaver.

Now, like I said, I am torn, because if you act like a terrorist....you get treated like one....

Maybe so Dmancornell but the other has yet to do any thing like the current one. Can "WE" judge a person before they do some thing? That will be like giving out speeding tickets to people when they first get a drivers license.

Judge me for my ACTIONS and not for your FEARS!

Maybe so Dmancornell but the other has yet to do any thing like the current one. Can "WE" judge a person before they do some thing? That will be like giving out speeding tickets to people when they first get a drivers license.

Judge me for my ACTIONS and not for your FEARS!

The government already pissed over the 4th Amendment when GWB's DOJ issued advisories that pretty much state the executive can murder anyone it pleases in the war on "terror". The most egregious example of this criminal behavior is when obama summarily executed Awlaki's 16 year old son and a half dozen of his friends for no reason whatsoever.

I have some faith the judiciary will put a stop to this madness, despite their recent mockery of our economic rights, SCOTUS still seems to have a shred of respect for due process. We'll see.

After reading the article, there are a few major facts here, that are either unknown or unmentioned... Among them. IIRC there were outstanding warrants for awlaki's arrest, he was outside the US and its territories, but was in an active conflict zone. The article cites "war zone" well, when you have al queda holding ground in a country, there exists a state of armed insurrection if not war. If it happens that there are armed drones in the area dropping hellfire missiles on people, if you don't want to die and want to get some of that 'due process' all you have to do is surrender. If you took this whole situation out of yemen, and instead had al queda holding ground in say... iowa, and shot at and chased out the local cops, the president would be fully within his right to march in there with tanks, drones, or whatever means necessary to put down the insurrection. This goes back to George Washington and the whiskey rebellion.

This situation is essentially the same as myriad others where you have someone who is "wanted" for arrest, and they end up dieing in a shootout with the local constabulary, except here that constabulary was an armed drone dropping hellfire missiles.

I'm a huge fan of the constitution, and think that due-process is what makes our nation among the freest on planet earth, however if you want some of that due-process it's here for the asking.

I keep thinking that the Government has the power to rescind the Passports held by those Americans and 'Force' them to return to the U.S. If they choose not to return, and remain in harms way, then I see no issue with the possibility of something like this happening. If they were singled out and targeted by our Government (and this can be proven) then I agree that the Lawsuits are acceptable. I am no fan of the ACLU but I would tend to side with them if this can be proven. JMO .....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top