Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Conspiracy theorists really the sane ones

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by U201491, Oct 6, 2013.

1. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    Could have told them that without a study.

Conspiracy theorists really the sane ones
    Are conspiracy theorists really the sane ones?

2. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

So one could reasonably conclude from that article the apparent truth that "ardent progressive liberalism IS indeed a mental disorder".

I JUST KNEW it wasn't only me coming to this conclusion!

:thumbup:

3. saxon

saxon springfield Active Member

well sice i have been around "Conspiracy theorists " since the mid 70's and seen bat $*(# crazy thought now be front page news and stuff we have in almost every house,,,,,, i would say yes ,,, yes they are

Taku and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Well if you tell people this 87 times using 5-6 different web sites and a couple road side cardboard signs. I might believe you. But until then I think most of them are nuts.

5. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

By definition a conspiracy theory is - " A conspiracy theory is an explanatory proposition that accuses two or more people, a group, or an organization of having caused or covered up, through deliberate collusion, an event or phenomenon of great social, political, or economic impact."

Now, would you not agree that most of the nations on this planet have "caused or covered " things up? What's wrong with questioning the status quo?

6. Sling Blade

Sling Blade Yamhill County Well-Known Member

Good point simon99. Nothing wrong with questioning anything, especially entrenched ideas. Even "truths" can be wrong, as evidenced by refutations ranging from the sun revolves around the earth to some of the most recent respected scientific thinking.

People have probably been making up conspiracies since language was developed, as it adds interest to otherwise dull existence and also gives some folks a reason to act in a certain way. Conspiracy theories also have a home in folks that want to see things in black and white.

7. saxon

saxon springfield Active Member

agree because if you do have proof then it becomes a

conspiracy

con·spir·a·cy
    [kuhn-spir-uh-see]

noun, plural con·spir·a·cies.
    the act of conspiring.

an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.

a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.

8. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

You're right Sling,
    I'm sure Christopher Columbus, Einstein, Edison and a host of other pioneers back in the day were labeled as extremists or "conspiracy nut jobs"....

9. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

Michael Savage actually wrote an entire BOOK about it, LOL. And while I personally have limited patience for the guy's voice and how he foams at the mouth, in hardcopy text he's a lot better...

Taku and (deleted member) like this.
  10. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

The really scary part is that many of the theories ARE Facts!