JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Kind of a philosophical question here....

I have a bunch of guns, mostly cz75 variant.

What's bugging me is that this means that I have a lot of different magazines. And I have to make choices about which platforms I modify, accessorize, etc.

And I'm hitting the 'too many options is as bad as too few' stage; I want to simplify my shooting so I can improve it.

So, sorry for the long intro, I'm thinking about selling everything and consolidating and I wanted to get y'all's take or advice on this.

WHAT I WANT:

a carry gun
a home/sd gun
a target/ipsc gun

WHAT I HAVE:
9mm
CZ75 S/A
CZ PO1
CZ P09
CZ P10c
Tanfoglio Witness match
SW Shield

Tanfoglio Witness match
PPQ-45

Honestly I'm thinking of going the Glock 19/34/43 route, and perhaps ditching .45 altogether.

Can I get your thoughts? I'm thinking that I could probably get 3K in trades or sales, buy the new stuff, and spend the 'profit' on trigger mods, etc...

OR is there a better way to do this? Keep in mind, the big appeal of going Glock is that (with a chopped G34) I could have ONE big box of G19 mags, instead of EIGHT different kinds...

Thoughts?

f

a target/ipsc gun

Tricked out and modded guns are very job specific. They have tighter tolerances and tend to need more lubricant and cleaning.

Imo, that makes for a poor carry and house gun.

I would get one for home and carry, leaving it bone stock except for maybe night sights, and then pick either the same gun or similar to trick out for competing with.

Tricked out and modded guns are very job specific. They have tighter tolerances and tend to need more lubricant and cleaning.

Imo, that makes for a poor carry and house gun.

I would get one for home and carry, leaving it bone stock except for maybe night sights, and then pick either the same gun or similar to trick out for competing with.
This^^^^

100% agree that an EDC or home defense gun should remain as stock as possible. Remember, your looking for something that goes bang every time. Lots of good choices in this arena, M&P's and Glocks come immediately to mind.

Both are reliable out of the box, both have tolerances that allow consistent operations under adverse conditions, both go bang every time.

Then sell off the rest to build your dream race gun...

I also agree with a defense home or carry gun being kept stock. To make it more efficient (deadly) than it already is will likely come back on you in the event you had to use it for it's purpose. " The defendant had to add a lighter trigger and have the action worked on in anticipation of shooting someone". Prosecutors and attorneys will always make the worst of you.
Perhaps cosmetic and function improvement issues would not matter, but to improve the efficiency may be a bit much in a court of law. Same reasoning behind not loading up your carry gun with handloads.
Just my $.02

Are you complaining or crowing?
Nice collection of fine guns.
I consolidated by buying more handguns in each caliber
1909 nine shot .22 bicycle revolver, Ruger .2245, .22.
Ruger .45LC, added .45ACP cylinder, Colt 1911 ver 1923, Glock 30, 41
Glock 27, 22. Glock 26, 34. Then, there are rifles and black powder
Wife wonders when enough is enough? When I give them all to her when the time comes...

Keep it simple standard is always good to fall back on.
If you have a lot of time to devote to keeping up with such a (great/cool!) variety of guns then there's nothing wrong with that. Easy enough to do when you're young and enthusiasm is high for such circumstances. As the friction of life wears you down, practicality becomes the one-a-day vitamin. Everyone's mileage may vary though, lol.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I think the middle path is probably the best. I may get rid of one or two guns, maybe - but will stick with the CZ platform....

f

Are you complaining or crowing?
Nice collection of fine guns.
I consolidated by buying more handguns in each caliber
1909 nine shot .22 bicycle revolver, Ruger .2245, .22.
Ruger .45LC, added .45ACP cylinder, Colt 1911 ver 1923, Glock 30, 41
Glock 27, 22. Glock 26, 34. Then, there are rifles and black powder
Wife wonders when enough is enough? When I give them all to her when the time comes...
Hopefully she doesn't donate them to the Goodwill.

If you like guns, buy as many as you want. But keep only one or two handy for practical use.

Not long ago, I had additional security lighting installed. When one went off in the early morning hours recently, without even thinking about it the gun that I grabbed was a Remington 870 pump shotgun with the 20 inch bbl. False alarm, it was an opossum but my instincts were right.

This is one of the reason I went with a Glock 26 to carry, then bought a glock 34, and now a Glock 19.
I had a Glock 17 too but sold it.

My reasoning for sticking with all these is I can buy a bunch of G17 mags and they were for all 3 pistols.
Carrying a G26? I can use G17 as a back up mag.

And about use the same holster for all of them.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I think the middle path is probably the best. I may get rid of one or two guns, maybe - but will stick with the CZ platform....

f
Keep the ones you like and use. Sell off the rest to find something else you like or will use.

Be sure to check out the Czechmate. I fondled one the other day and it was so smooth and nice. I don't shoot competitions, but if you do and are a fan of CZ's, it will not disappoint.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews