JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What was the point of any of those? WW1 we only got involved in WW1 so we could continue selling supplies and guns to our "allies" who did that benefit? Was it worth the cost of life?

WW1 then led directly to WW2. What ended WW2? Us nuking Japan and Russia invading Germany. How many good american men had to die when we knew the only thing that would stop the japanese was something as cataclysmic as nuclear weapons.

Going to refrain from discussing WW2 and germany here as I don't want to get banned.

Korea, a proxy war with China, for what? What good, what purpose? We have communists in office here in America now and huge genetic swaths of men who were willing to fight and do anything about it got wiped out on foreign soil.

Its how we don't have Royal Caribbean ships getting torpedoed coming out of Port Canaveral and how we now have convenient places throughout the Pacific to stage forces and resupply. Controlling shipping and free skies is a big deal.

Yeah sorry, I was talking about U boats sinking our ships.

Assuming what you are saying about Japan is true, then that side of the war was BS too.

I really admire the japanese culture now, and I think it was even stronger back then.

This is what I think is wrong with the world. Too much respect for sovereignty. To me, if someone wants your crap and can take it, they should as long as they can survive the consequences. There are a bunch of places that don't deserve their sovereignty....like France and South Korea.

:confused::confused::confused:
Its how we don't have Royal Caribbean ships getting torpedoed coming out of Port Canaveral and how we now have convenient places throughout the Pacific to stage forces and resupply. Controlling shipping and free skies is a big deal.

So 100,000 good men had to die so fat americans can go on cruises?:confused:

I know that was just an example, but I look at how global the world has become, and I am just not so sure it is a good thing.

Also, we wouldn't need places do stage supplies for FOBs if we were the fricken "world police"

:confused::confused::confused:

So 100,000 good men had to die so fat americans can go on cruises?:confused:

I know that was just an example, but I look at how global the world has become, and I am just not so sure it is a good thing.

Also, we wouldn't need places do stage supplies for FOBs if we were the fricken "world police"

Whether its good or bad, its the way it is. Trade routes are safe. Travel is safe. It costs us less to get the things we want or need. The concept of property and "pursuit of happiness" is very different in the US compared to other places in the world. You don't get 5 acres, a 3000 square foot house, an F350 for you and a Honda minivan for the wife and 2.5 kids, $50k fishing boat, and a toy hauler full of ATVs and motorcycles, all on a household income of about $150k a year, ANYWHERE else.

I was chatting with a pretty Australian girl on a cruise (stuff like this is more jobs), and she said that the thing she hated most about Americans was we could afford whatever we want. I took it as a compliment.

Whether its good or bad, its the way it is. Trade routes are safe. Travel is safe. It costs us less to get the things we want or need. The concept of property and "pursuit of happiness" is very different in the US compared to other places in the world. You don't get 5 acres, a 3000 square foot house, an F350 for you and a Honda minivan for the wife and 2.5 kids, $50k fishing boat, and a toy hauler full of ATVs and motorcycles, all on a household income of about $150k a year, ANYWHERE else.

I was chatting with a pretty Australian girl on a cruise (stuff like this is more jobs), and she said that the thing she hated most about Americans was we could afford whatever we want. I took it as a compliment.

Fair point.

Counterpoint, (unrelated to the discussion) do those things = happiness? Do we have a culture other than buy buy buy? Does it matter that we don't?

Do we have a culture other than buy buy buy? Does it matter that we don't?
Well. Lets see what a culture usually consists of...
People who share the following..
Common(ish) language

Similar belief systems (monotheistic)

Similar social mores and norms(debatable, but no denying that large groups tend to band together due to "fitting in")

Geographic locations (community areas for one)

Open lines of communication (the web and cellular networks really help here ;) )

Yeah, we do have cultures in regions of the US that is not " buy buy buy"; look at the Amish communities for example... also LDS communities... and then theres those who work the lands, those who make living repairing and troubleshooting items that other people would say "replace with new/better/more expensive models" :rolleyes:

This is what I think is wrong with the world. Too much respect for sovereignty. To me, if someone wants your crap and can take it, they should as long as they can survive the consequences. There are a bunch of places that don't deserve their sovereignty....like France and South Korea.
I much prefer the reality of "keep your stuff, but I expect a cut" to your idea. :s0114:

It's true, and I'm okay with all of it as the end goal is a unified Earth and space colonization.
Yeah sorry, I was talking about U boats sinking our ships.

Assuming what you are saying about Japan is true, then that side of the war was BS too.

I really admire the japanese culture now, and I think it was even stronger back then.
I can't fault anyone, it's just the nature of the game.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top