JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I think the grip on my G19 is ok, but not great. I was considering having my frame stippled, but it's a tough decision, since it's not a factory option I can't just walk into a gun store and feel it in my hand. I'd like some input from somebody as to their experience with a stippled grip.

Now if I decide to do it, that brings up another issue for me. I don't have the tools, nor the skill, to do it myself. I've tried to look online for someone local to do it, but I've come up dry. I know that many people on the forums refer people to Bowie, but I'd rather not have to ship my gun off, and I'm definitely not going to deal with the 24 week time frame they have listed on their site. Does anybody know a gunsmith that can do this work, preferably somewhere between Seattle and Olympia? Even if it's not a gunsmith, I'd be open to someone who has done this before, provided they can show me their work. This would also help me in getting to feel the stippled grip, which will help my decision greatly.

Any help you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Tools are cheap. I see a lot of people doing it with a woodburner. I used a high speed rotary tool with a small round carbide bit. I hate slippery guns. It's really not too hard, it's just a plastic gun. Here's my 19,,, ;)

DSCI0002.jpg

Sorry, don't know any smiths that do this service.

Just a suggestion but why not try skateboard tape, or a bike inner tube before doing something that could decrease the value of the firearm (to some) and you may not care for long term.

Thanks for the info. After seeing that video, it looks like something I may able to handle myself if I decide to do it. As far as decreasing the value of the gun, that's not a factor at all. To me, there is no resale value for my G19, because it will never be sold. Now I guess it just comes down to needing to see and feel a stippled grip in real life to know if it's something I'd like to add to my gun.

decal grips would be my reccomendation. 8 bucks, will feel like the stippling you want & if you ever decide to change your mind down the road, they peel off. I just purchased a pair for my XD in rubber texture & I was really suprised how good it felt, it really does feel like stippling, the sandpaper texture would be more aggressive.

You can buy a big sheet of skateboard tape from Amazon for ~$10. Then just cut out the patterns for your grip panels and stick them on. If you don't like it, take them off. If you do like it, keep it on. I think this gives a more aggressive grip than stippling, it really sticks it in your hands. It feels like it is velcro'd to your hand.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top