JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been making and selling recoil buffers for a sub compact alloy chassis 45 acp called the Star PD since 2009. Not a high volume business but steady. Have sold over 4000 buffers to citizens and law enforcement all over the world. I am the only source in the world for this part. Due to life circumstances I'm no longer able to continue and am looking for someone to continue this endeavor. If interested please contact me....
Jimbo

I have had a PD since 1980 and have purchased plenty of buffers and recoil springs. Probably have gotten some from you. Great gun that I carry often. Actually had a second PD for a couple decades, but a friend talked me out of it, then he sold it after a few years. Given the chance I would have bought it back.
Good luck unloading your business....

Yeah I've saved a lot of those PD's from an early demise. Have also repaired a lot of guide rods over the years that were damaged from being taken apart incorrectly. Only reason I started making the buffers was because my contact in Spain who used to work at the Star factory had exhausted his entire inventory of them and I couldn't find any. I needed them for my own pistols so got tooled up and started producing them.

Is the manufacturing involved something that's tied to a specific geographic spot or some particular type of building for some reason, or is this a business that a person could operate from almost anywhere?

Answer is yes to both questions. The manufacturing is done at a specific local location. Also the rest of the business could be operated from just about anywhere that has internet connection and access to postal/shipping services.

Answer is yes to both questions. The manufacturing is done at a specific local location. Also the rest of the business could be operated from just about anywhere that has internet connection and access to postal/shipping services.
Does than mean that your company is based on the ownership of the design, and receiving the final product and shipping to the end user?

How much of your company is bulk order?

No website, posted some gunboard forum postings early on then ran 3 separate gunbroker.com postings continuously when I was active but never advertised. Several repeat customers, lots of word of mouth and Google search generated business, also a customer added me to the back end of a YouTube he created...

No website, posted some gunboard forum postings early on then ran 3 separate gunbroker.com postings continuously when I was active but never advertised. Several repeat customers, lots of word of mouth and Google search generated business, also a customer added me to the back end of a YouTube he created...
You know anybody can create their own youtube channel.. why don't you?

At my suggestion (apologies if necessary), Steven Hoober at Star-Firearms.com posted this on his site:

Thursday, October 7, 2021

PD Buffers Going Away, or Are They?

Apparently some small shop or individual guy makes the new-production, modern-technology buffers that let us all shoot our PDs without cracking them.
He's now looking to retire and either will stop production or someone will get the business to make them from him.
So, snap up the ones you need now https://jackfirstinc.com/star-pd-buffer-414-10049-priced-singly?search=pd buffer
Or, if you want a small business making polymer things, try to contact the guy and see what he wants for it. I am not a member of the forum but have my own ideas if anyone does get in touch: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...small-gun-parts-business.388917/#post-3076165

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top