JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What kind of feedback are you looking for?

Full size USPs are a little bulky but it shouldn't be a problem concealing it if you are too. :D

I have a usp .45 tac and it's a great shooting full size gun. I personally can't see concealing it, it's big, much wider than a 1911 and holster availability is very limited, especially for the tac version with the tall sights. I'd like to get a can for mine sometime. What kind of feedback are you looking for?

they are awesome pistols, ive had a USP .45 Tactical, and i recently purchased a USP .40. They were designed as combat pistols, and the full size models werent built with concealment in mind. They have a much thicker slide and grip than the 1911. I love them though, they are reliable, well engineered, and are tack drivers.

Tactical and standard can be CC'd without looking awkward by dressing around your firearm. Keep in mind the difference between CC'ing a tactical with IWB vs OWB. Sometimes the barrel peeks out a bit depending on OWB holsters. :rolleyes:

If you never wear sweaters, or untucked shirts, or small/medium untucked shirts go IWB, if you wear a jacket, sweaters or untucked large/XL/XXL shirts, OWB is no problem.

As far as I'm concerned this is a non-issue. :)

usp is very nice gun (over engineered). very reliable and it's not picky as some 1911's.

you might not like the trigger pulls on hk. I know they are combat pistol, but it has somewhat crappy trigger for the money.

full size usp is big and bulky for conceal carry (it's about same size as G17).

I like the decock and safety setup but did not like the magazine release lever. it is different from the traditional push inward button. Nothing a little training can't solve but have to say "Thank you, but I prefer it my way..."

I recently traded a fussy 1911 (ex-race gun) for a USP tactical in 9mm (DA/SA, decocker). I liked the grip, as I've shot double-stack pistols my whole life.

The 9mm USP is slightly smaller than the .45, but it's still a big pistol. It's thick and tall (with the tactical sights). I didn't get this gun for CC, so the size doesn't bother me at all. I did get what I wanted out of a pistol though: The accuracy of a 1911, but the reliability of a Glock. It's accurate for a polymer gun, and hasn't had a single failure from day one. The mag release is absolutely wonderful and easy to learn, but only with practice. I can drop mags just as quickly and reliably with my middle finger as I can with my thumb. As a bonus, the 9mm round along with the H&K recoil system makes for an extremely light recoil in a gun that weighs half as much as my old Para-Ordnance 1911. The only gripe I had was the aggressive front strap texturing that chewed up my hand after ~500 quickly-shot rounds. I placed a piece of skateboard grip tape over it, drastically improving the ergonomics and handling. To be fair, I usually do that to all of my guns anyways.

Pros: accurate, super reliable, comfy, light, decocker with DA, decent SA trigger, zooty mag release.

Cons: big gun is big, mag release not for everyone, finger-print removing front strap, trigger isn't as good as 1911, polygonal rifling isn't lead-friendly, people will claim you spent too much on a polymer gun because they're jealous.

In all, I couldn't be happier with the USP.

Tl;dr If the gun fits your hand and you think you can hide it well enough, you won't regret it.

I have owned 3 HKS and I think you will like the USP. I also agree with most of the pros and cons of the weapon like the mushy trigger and the grip. The one thing I noticed was I could not reach the mag release with my thumb while keeping the weapon on target. Guess my hands are not large enough.