JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
XDS .45 3.3 is what I just switched to, G27 before that. I will take the 2 less rounds to have a .45 and a single stack. XDS 7+1 w/extended mag, G27 9+1

Edit:

I also carried a Kahr CW9 but decided I would rather have something bigger than 9mm.

You list quite a range of size firearms. I'd suggest adding a dan wesson ECO to the list as a 1911. And, the shield is excellent I have one with apex trigger, and its a fine piece), the PPS is excellent, and in a double stack I'm really taken with the HK VP9 I picked up.

They are tight when new. I lapped my frame/slide fit a little when it was new to accelerate the break in process and put a slightly longer recoil spring in it and its 100%.

The trigger and sights are fantastic and its very very accurate. But it is a 1911, not a glock, so they sometimes need a little tweaking.

I had the Kahr CM9, and like previously noted, I thought it was a piece of junk. I have a Glock 42 and it is pretty good, but it is a .380. I recently traded into a Shield 9 and even though my initial assesment was congruent with yours, after taking out and shooting it I have to say that I am seriously impressed. The trigger is good, it feels natural in my hand, it is pretty light, it is thin, it's reliable, and it is accurate. I am no sharp shooter, but I was easily hitting clay pigeons from 7 yards on out to 15 yards. The price is right and you can get one with a thumb safety if that makes you feel a bit more comfortable.

I really enjoy stirring things up a little. Seriously though, IMHO the 9mm is marginal, at best, for any kind of carry. I conceal carry an FNP .45, or a 1911 govt. most of the time.

My opinion of the Glock still stands, it's a military gun designed, (by the lowest bidder) for the "lowest common denominator" conscripted soldier.
the new FNS-9 Compact might be an option, pretty nice review
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/02/robert-farago/gun-review-fns-9c-compact-9mm-handgun/

SOMEWHERE (maybe here), I found a link to an in depth study about shootings in the USA, comparing "Killing power" of different calibers, over many decades.:)

Seems there was little difference between 9's & 45's.............something like 2.15 shots w/a 9, and 2.08 shots with a 45.o_O

I know, I know...it's all subjective.............................................but so is everything else in life............:D

Maybe someone has a link to this???????????????????????????????????????;)

YOUR caliber out of YOUR most comfy gun may be a '44 Anaconda...............:eek::D

SOMEWHERE (maybe here), I found a link to an in depth study about shootings in the USA, comparing "Killing power" of different calibers, over many decades.:)

Seems there was little difference between 9's & 45's.............something like 2.15 shots w/a 9, and 2.08 shots with a 45.o_O

I know, I know...it's all subjective.............................................but so is everything else in life............:D

Maybe someone has a link to this???????????????????????????????????????;)

YOUR caliber out of YOUR most comfy gun may be a '44 Anaconda...............:eek::D

Probably referring to http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/handgun-stopping-power

FFS, please stick to the thread and spare me any more unsolicited opinions on "best" calibers. If 9mm is so incredibly lame, you (fill in your name, ranter) would not mind standing uninvited in my house where you could demonstrate your immunity to 124 gr. Gold Dots. Enough already!!!

FFS, please stick to the thread and spare me any more unsolicited opinions on "best" calibers. If 9mm is so incredibly lame, you (fill in your name, ranter) would not mind standing uninvited in my house where you could demonstrate your immunity to 124 gr. Gold Dots. Enough already!!!

I'm trying to figger' out who (or whom) said anything about 9mm being lame.....
:rolleyes:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:eek::eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused::confused::mad::mad::mad::(:(:(

PLEASE spare me any more unsolicited opinions on the content/interpretation of threads:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:):):):):):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:):):):):):):):):confused:

Besides, we all know 45 is better than 9...............or is it the other way around?
I forgot............:confused::p:cool::D:D:D:D

I carry a Kahr PM9(more expensive CM9) everyday in my front pocket. It would be good for IWB or OWB, although if I was carrying on my belt, I'd buy the slightly larger CW9. The trigger should feel familiar since you've been carrying a revolver. I use the Pierce mag extensions on all my mags. I wear xxl or xxxl size gloves and I can get my pinky on the grip with the extension.

The kahr pistols get mixed reviews, but I've had 5 different pistols from them. I've only had one issue and Kahr took care of it immediately. My CW380 during break in had a small piece break off the take down pin. It didn't effect firing, but the slide didn't lock back on an empty mag. They shipped my a new one and I haven't had an issue since. I also have two friends that carry CM9's. So out of 7 guns from kahr, only one issue.

They also make them with a metal frame if you don't like the feel of plastic in your hands.

XDm 3.8" Compact. The XD Mod2 would be a great option too -- 1.19" grip width. I handled one at the LGS and I love the way it feels. I would acquire another XD if I didn't have to worry about keeping peace in my house. ;)

For 9mm carry, no question a Glock 26. Their legendary reliability along with it's small size, light weight, and 11 round capacity, plus the option of using 15/17/33 round magazines makes it hard to surpass. No hammer to snag, no safety to flip, just point and shoot. Yes it's a simple gun, and that is exactly why I would choose it for a gunfight.

For 9mm carry, no question a Glock 26. Their legendary reliability along with it's small size, light weight, and 11 round capacity, plus the option of using 15/17/33 round magazines makes it hard to surpass. No hammer to snag, no safety to flip, just point and shoot. Yes it's a simple gun, and that is exactly why I would choose it for a gunfight.

My daily carry.......weekly practice......gun is a OD Green g-26 w/2+ extension (12 rounds), a fiber optic front site, a little grip tape..........:s0010:

I carry it in a Remora holster, so have installed a Siderlock......An easy accessory to learn how to use.:)

DAMN nice little gun that I can shoot very accurately:cool::cool:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top