JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
9x23 would be a .38 Super. Were I to own only one of these calibers in one gun, I would go with a Colt Delta Elite 10mm. A Glock 20 is practical as well, with not only the previously mentioned conversion barrel, but one in the much more popular and widespread .40S&W. The .38 Super is a target gun. The 10mm is for putting big holes in people's chest cavities. Kip.

Colt and European American Armory, both make handguns for the 9x23mm and some custom builders as well.

I had hoped, that when this round was developed in 1992 or 93 that it would catch on, but it never became popular. Which is really a shame.

M67

I guess I left something out. You asked who makes a pistol for the 9x23. I don't know of many that aren't the 1911 platform. So again, Colt would be a good option. To be clear, I meant no disrespect to the .38 Super in my previous post. Were I carrying one of these for defense, the 10mm wins hands down. Kip

The 9x23 is a rimless case and the 38 Super is rimmed case, a smaller than normal rim but it is there. There are those that say that the rounds are interchangeable... yes and no...
Ballistics are the same. I have a Glock 22 and a XD45 Tactical; both are larger than I want to carry. So I'm leaning towards the slightly smaller Glock 29.

So, I guess I'm not going to shut up. That's a lot of punch in a little package with the 29. I considered going to 10mm as my carry gun a while back. I stuck with .45ACP. Still, I'd like to have one of those Delta Elite's someday. It's tough to argue with the ballistic's of the 10mm. Kip

Thanks Kip, and the rest of you for your opinions, for now I will stay with my 9mmas a convenient carry. I'll have to save up for another purchase, and convince my wife that I really need another gun... wish me lots of luck here... she is pretty understanding concerning my hobby so I love her no matter what. Thanks again, I'll keep watching the forums for info.

I vote for the 10mm. Colt Delta Elite, Fusion Arms 10mm, Witness 10mm, there are lots of good choices.

It's a high pressure, high performance, fun cartridge to shoot, reload, and has great balistics too.

just my .o2c

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads