Consideration for a "pay it forward" section

Tittle says it all.

A section in the classifieds where people can post things for free (and maybe the cost of shipping) just a pay a good dead forward.

Something to think over.

Have a good weekend.

SF-

Reactions
I second the motion.

I have seen this done on other boards with a single thread of PIF. It just does not work. After 100+ posts, no one can keep up with the details. Its got to be a section. The one rule is that if you take something you have to give something(s) of equal value. The sooner the better.

The problem with adding additional sections is they take additional bandwidth and server resources every single time the main page is loaded.

That said, there's obviously a time when an additional section is worth the additional resources, and this seems like it'd be one of them. I too have seen these types of sections on cigar boards and they seem to work really well. I want a bit more feedback from others before we create this to make sure it gets enough use to justify, but if the users want it, you got it.

Reactions
I'm in agreement with Silver Fox and Bend on starting a section for this. I think it could work wonderfully. It should be monitored like other sections but there is a lot of merit to the idea.

Hey SF, wanna pay it forward with a FAL?! :D

Reactions
The problem with adding additional sections is they take additional bandwidth and server resources every single time the main page is loaded.

That said, there's obviously a time when an additional section is worth the additional resources, and this seems like it'd be one of them. I too have seen these types of sections on cigar boards and they seem to work really well. I want a bit more feedback from others before we create this to make sure it gets enough use to justify, but if the users want it, you got it.
Not to worry we will "Pay it forward";)

Spray-n-pray

Reactions
This is great! I was actually given a pretty nice (LH) holster and he wouldn't even let me pay for shipping (Thanks, Pease!!). On the other hand, I have a bag full of holsters and other goodies that I probably won't use, so I wouldn't mind passing some along. Good idea, although I don't believe in Karmic balance, I am more of a "do unto others" kind of guy.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Best true Gun shop ive been in for some time
    Cool stuff in stock rather than the top 10 at corporate box stores They moved to a larger place I have to go back and spend more money. I like to...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
Top Bottom