JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just overheard a conversation about vegetarians moving to the US from developing countries developing dietary issues without a change in diet. Apparently they were getting essential proteins and oils from the bugs in their rice back home, but rice in the US is, well, a bit cleaner than they are used to.

I grew up in the south with a tightwad of a cook/mom that never hesitated to serve up some cornbread with 'protein bits'. Grosses me out now and grossed me out then, but I'm definitely keeping that little tidbit in my back pocket for when TEOTWAWKI brings on lower grade ingredients at clearance prices.

I used to work for Agriculture Canada and when you sell grain to other countries you're allowed to have X% of "other materials" in the grain. Bugs, plant bits etc. But the grain was so pure that they actually put stuff back into the grain to meet that percentage rather then send a higher quality then what was being paid for.

The amount of add protein you find in standard grain a lot of other countries would most certainly turn a sensitive stomache.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top