JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

Consequences of illegal target shooting. Apparently they were using propane tanks for targets and have to pay back the cost of fighting the fire, 2.3 million dollars.

Saw that in the paper this morning. I don't think anyone is expecting they will fully repay the cost of that fire. Minimum $25 a month didn't seem like much, but if that hangs over them the rest of their lives it may be the best deterrent going.

Saw that in the paper this morning. I don't think anyone is expecting they will fully repay the cost of that fire. Minimum $25 a month didn't seem like much, but if that hangs over them the rest of their lives it may be the best deterrent going.
I noticed that too, thought the monthly payment was pretty low but the courts must know they dont have that money anyways.... But I wonder what a 2.3mil debt does to their credit score?

I would love to be hopeful that this would help deter other morons, but likely the folks that do this kind of crap don't even follow the news to learn about stuff like this in the first place. Unfortunately we're stuck with idiot shooters, as well as getting the blame for their stupid actions, until the end of time.

I live in fear of some idiots doing something like that out here in Eastern WA in July-September. Our home and forest would go up in no time at all. I don't like shooting when the temps are at or near 100°F because I'm afraid the hot brass can land in grass and start a blaze.

I'd be fine with selling them into sex slavery!

Any gender, must be over 300lbs!

Mods, please feel free to delete this post with no hard feelings! I get that it might be a few inches over the line!:)

I live in fear of some idiots doing something like that out here in Eastern WA in July-September. Our home and forest would go up in no time at all. I don't like shooting when the temps are at or near 100°F because I'm afraid the hot brass can land in grass and start a blaze.

I grew up over there on the south hill. Lived between Manito and Lincoln Heights on 29th ave. I know exactly what you are saying. I have seen a temp of 114 in late August. Everything is super dry that time of year.

While $25/month isn't going to go far towards a 2.3M bill, it is refreshing that the jackasses are, at least on paper, required to pick up the tab rather than the taxpayer.

Hey.. thats actually quite fun.. You just dont stand next to them.. Duh! 50ft away minimum.. better if your like 100yd away, and then you put a road flare next to them and shoot them with a 308.. good times.

If you have a ton of acreage that you personally own and there is no fire danger maybe. To many times it's done on public lands in an unsafe manner during summer season. Not to mention the locals around most shooting areas get fed up with that type of behavior...it's their land too. Tread lightly is often our best course of action.

If you have a ton of acreage that you personally own and there is no fire danger maybe. To many times it's done on public lands in an unsafe manner during summer season. Not to mention the locals around most shooting areas get fed up with that type of behavior...it's their land too. Tread lightly is often our best course of action.

Last time I did it, it was in a friends rock quarry :) but yes.. the standard dont be an idiot and take a quick thought about what your doing always applys.. really should go without saying.. but hey.. darwin is a little behind in cleaning out the gene pool recently.

BUT!!! Kinda hard to get loans with 2.3 mill in debt on your head;)
Not to mention your job choices being a convicted arson

It's unlikely the brass would start a fire, but a projectile would & has. Particularly ricochets off of or simply in your backstop. Can start a fire hours after you are done shooting & have cleaned up & such...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top