JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
50% increase on tax. That won't bring a $10 box to $15.

Say the tax is 6%, a 50% increase on that tax brings that up to 9%. $10 is now $10.90 instead of $10.60. A 50% tax on ammo would make it $15, and people would just buy out of state or reload.

She needs to learn math or English. Because either her wording or math is off.

Last Edited:
I saw, "how much does anyone really need", and "if it saves one life". But did she forget, "for the children"?
Amateur.

50% increase on tax. That won't bring a $10 box to $15.

Say the tax is 6%, a 50% increase on that tax brings that up to 9%. $10 is now $10.90 instead of $10.60. A 50% tax on ammo would do make it $15, and people would just buy out of state or reload.

She needs to learn math or English. Because either her wording or math is off.

Yah, it's typical poor English of unintelligent lawmakers. It's clear that they intend to put a 50% tax on ammo. Yet another attempt to make the 2A unworkable.

Some 250 years ago, adding taxes that were unreasonable led to the dumping of tea...

Perhaps adding taxes that are unreasonable will lead to the dumping of Mags...

One never knows what touches off the next Revolution in American History.

One never knows what touches off the next Revolution in American History.

Hmmm, IMO we are lazy, weak, and many are apathetic... so I can't imagine what it would take and how much support there would be. Tho even the American Revolution didn't have the support of even a majority of the people. Some were British loyalists, and some just didn't care or didn't want to get involved. But it still happened.

The twitter thread following her announcement of the proposed legislation is gold: Jillian Gilchrest on Twitter

Example (not me sadly):

funny.png

This is a real easy way to get guns and ammo out of the hands of those who legally use and enjoy them.
After all no one "came for your guns" or is even saying that you can't have guns and ammo...you just can't afford to do so....

Might be a good time to write to firearms and ammunition companies and remind them , that if folks can not afford to buy their products , they will not make a profit and could go under.
If bills like this are passed ....many gun and ammo companies may cease to be.
Andy

This is a real easy way to get rid of guns and ammo out of the hands of those who legally use and enjoy them.
After all no one "came for your guns" or is even saying that you can't have guns and ammo...you just can't afford to do so....

Might be a good time to write to firearms and ammunition companies and remind them , that if folks can not afford to buy they products , they will not make a profit and could go under.
If bills like this are passed ....many gun and ammo companies may cease to be.
Andy

Or just buy a bunch of flint locks and muzzle loaders!:D

Connecticut Bill Would Hike Ammuntion Sales Tax to 50% - The Truth About Guns

Don't be surprised if there is a "monkey see, monkey do" and similar legislation comes to your State. Don't have what you need for the longer term? It may be time to reassess your priorities since prices are cheap now and AmmoSeek is your friend.
In stock ammo, guns, magazines, and reloading supplies
In one of the emails I exchanged with Rep. Post he laid out some anti-gun stuff he thought the antis would get passed this year. I will paraphrase the list:

Magazine cap limit (10rnds)
Extended waiting period for background checks (already introduced)
Background check for ammo
Gun lock legislation (already introduced)
and the relevant one to this thread, a tax on ammo

I don't think bills have been introduced yet for some of this, but Rep. Post seems to think these things are likely to happen. So keep an eye out for this stuff to be introduced

In one of the emails I exchanged with Rep. Post he laid out some anti-gun stuff he thought the antis would get passed this year. I will paraphrase the list:

Magazine cap limit (10rnds)
Extended waiting period for background checks (already introduced)
Background check for ammo
Gun lock legislation (already introduced)
and the relevant one to this thread, a tax on ammo

I don't think bills have been introduced yet for some of this, but Rep. Post seems to think these things are likely to happen. So keep an eye out for this stuff to be introduced

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!

:mad::mad::mad:

Might be a good time to write to firearms and ammunition companies and remind them , that if folks can not afford to buy they products , they will not make a profit and could go under.
Well, it definitely won't hurt. But one would hope things like this are large blips on their radar, and the strategic planning is well underway.

Well, it definitely won't hurt. But one would hope things like this are large blips on their radar, and the strategic planning is well underway.
I think some manufactures are writing off States like in Californian where some handgun manfs gave up on trying to submit handguns for the roster(I don't blame them for that). Many other companies just refuse to sell to States with creeping anti-gun legislation. Problem is the list of these ban States is growing and pretty soon there won't be many places left to sell their products. That will be music to the ears of the antis. It's too bad these manfs and retailers don't do more to help support the fights.

They certainly ought to have the resources and the motivation.
I don't know, some of the firearm manufactures seem to be struggling. But even if they don't have vast amounts of cash floating around they could be raising awareness and doing other forms of corporate activism that are lower cost.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top