JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There was a thread around here with a link or two, but I think I've gone blind as I can't find it. Estimates vary from 350k to over a million black scary rifles in CT and those deadly high capacity 30 round ghost clip mags are more numerous in number.

http://rt.com/usa/connecticut-gun-law-registration-791/

"If the state has received 50,000 registrations by now, Haar wrote, then that could represent as little as 15 percent of the assault weapons now classified by the state as warranting new paperwork under last April's law.

"No one has anything close to definitive figures, but the most conservative estimates place the number of unregistered assault weapons well above 50,000, and perhaps as high as 350,000," Harr wrote."

But the SCOTUS has ruled that a felon can not be compelled to register his arms. They are an essential tool of his trade.
In Haynes v U.S. (1968), the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that felons do not have to register illegally possessed guns, because the Fifth Amendment protects them against self-incrimination.
So, since those that didn't register their guns or magazines they are now felons and exempt from the law!
Looks like an "unintended consequence"!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

"If you pass laws that people have no respect for and they don't follow them, then you have a real problem."

That's right, buddy! You work for the PEOPLE, not the other way around!!

Seriously, you cannot pass a new law that immediately makes what you purchased legally at one time now illegal thus making your property in violation of the law. There are laws against that!

You must grandfather the said item in.
They had to do the same with all the drug related items that were "medicinal" from the 1900-1920's (granted rare now), vehicles
(again from way back that do not meet emission standards),
non serialized firearms (from way back when)..etc.
ALL were grandfathered in.

Irrational and hastily prepared unconstitutional bills are what make police states, tyrannical power and what get folks killed.

My firearms?
I lost them all. Woops.

Seriously, you cannot pass a new law that immediately makes what you purchased legally at one time now illegal thus making your property in violation of the law. There are laws against that!

You must grandfather the said item in.
They had to do the same with all the drug related items that were "medicinal" from the 1900-1920's (granted rare now), vehicles
(again from way back that do not meet emission standards),

non serialized firearms (from way back when)..etc.
ALL were grandfathered in.

Irrational and hastily prepared unconstitutional bills are what make police states, tyrannical power and what get folks killed.

My firearms?
I lost them all. Woops.

another victim of Molon Lake

It would have been much more of a statement if all those lines we saw up there in the news, there had been nobody to take a photo of. Imagine not a single person complying.

Civil Disobedience in the Suburbs | National Review Online

"Charlie, I am heartened to hear the news that my former neighbors in Connecticut are saying no to the state's ridiculous, oppressive new rifle-registry law. A little resistance from time to time is an excellent thing.

The right to keep and bear arms is a civil right. I think it would be difficult to make the case that those Americans who knowingly and with intention aforethought violated Jim Crow laws were doing anything but their duty as Americans and as human beings. But we seem to have lost a little of our law-breaking spirit. It is always a difficult calculation to make (and, suspecting as I do that I am the only contributor here who celebrates John Brown's birthday each May, I may not be the first guy it would occur to anybody to ask), but it is worth thinking about."

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top