JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Members of Congress to reload gun rights caucus

Rep. Thomas Massie said:
The recent election results present us with a new opportunity to advance pro-gun legislation and reverse the erosion of the Second Amendment that's occurred over the last few decades. I look forward to working with the new President and this determined group of conservatives to promote a pro-gun agenda

Let's hope these folks can do what they say.

Ray

If they are serious, then repeal the 1934 gun control act. Or is it the 1932 gun control act? Then the 1968 gun control act. Then the Hughes amendment. Then reaffirm the Second Amendment. Require the states to repeal all of their anti gun laws. That would be a good beginning.

Turn the BATFE into the BATE. Maybe consider doing away with the A and T also.

But, that being said, with great power comes great responsibility of CITIZENSHIP. Voluntary extensive firearm knowledge, training and experience also should be greatly suggested for the above to work. All the aforementioned to equal or exceed police and military training. Yikes!

If they are serious, then repeal the 1934 gun control act. Or is it the 1932 gun control act? Then the 1968 gun control act. Then the Hughes amendment.

It is the National Firearms Act of 1934 (NFA34) and the Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA68). There is a legislative history here, in case it is of interest. Cheers.

I don't expect miracles, but just the fact that they formed the caucus is a good sign. Hopefully, they will do some good, but I don't expect them to go too far to quick. Changes in government and law does not happen overnight. But then if Trump could beat Clinton, anything is possible.

Last Edited:
The biggest problem we face is not resistance to these attempts to repeal gun control laws/regulations by anti-gun people.

The biggest problem is apathy.

The simple truth of the matter is that congress has what they feel is more important work to do. Repealing gun control laws/regulations is way down on their priority list.

How do I know this? Simple. Do you ever hear them talking about repealing the laws?

No. They are talking about the budget, Obamacare, etc., but almost never, if ever, talking about repealing gun control laws/regulations.

The biggest problem we face is not resistance to these attempts to repeal gun control laws/regulations by anti-gun people.

The biggest problem is apathy.

The simple truth of the matter is that congress has what they feel is more important work to do. Repealing gun control laws/regulations is way down on their priority list.

How do I know this? Simple. Do you ever hear them talking about repealing the laws?

No. They are talking about the budget, Obamacare, etc., but almost never, if ever, talking about repealing gun control laws/regulations.

My hope is that if they can't get a bill to his desk, then maybe (between their and the NRA's influence) at the minimum, they can get Trump to overturn all anti gun EO's and possibly get him to redefine some of the laws;

• ITAR-DDTC,
  • Gun Trusts,
  • What is a gun dealer,
  • Gunsmithing activities,
  • Unlicensed machine shops (loaning tools to make firearms),
  • Shouldering a "pistol brace",

Ray

My hope is that if they can't get a bill to his desk, then maybe (between their and the NRA's influence) at the minimum, they can get Trump to overturn all anti gun EO's and possibly get him to redefine some of the laws;

• ITAR-DDTC,
  • Gun Trusts,
  • What is a gun dealer,
  • Gunsmithing activities,
  • Unlicensed machine shops (loaning tools to make firearms),
  • Shouldering a "pistol brace",

Ray

Don't hold your breath. I do not think these things are high on his priority list. He is more concerned with how he is parodied on Saturday Night Live than with gun laws. :rolleyes:

Don't hold your breath. I do not think these things are high on his priority list. He is more concerned with how he is parodied on Saturday Night Live than with gun laws. :rolleyes:

That may be true, but maybe we can put enough pressure on the aforementioned groups to actually create the documents needed, so all he has to do is sign his name, easy peasy.

Ray

I'm afraid that his support for the 2A and opposition to gun control were positions of convenience taken so as to be diametrically opposed to HRC. Hard to say how important these issues are to him personally. In my opinion.

A day or so ago I was reading an article about the list of things the GOP members of congress had to repeal various EOs and such. No mention whatsoever was made of anything regarding firearms.

As I said, it just isn't high on their priorities. It is a talking point to get votes and that is all. It is not part of their philosophy like it is for the Libertarian party.

I also do not have any hope that Republican/conservative voters will ever wakeup and realize this, despite the decades of promises that are never fulfilled but GOP candidates. :rolleyes:

I'm afraid that his support for the 2A and opposition to gun control were positions of convenience taken so as to be diametrically opposed to HRC. Hard to say how important these issues are to him personally. In my opinion.
I'm not even convinced it's genuine--after all, in '94 he endorsed the Clinton Ban (in fairness, I must note that at the time young and uneducated me was okay with it), and he's NEVER had a "zeal of the converted" or "Road To Damascus" explanation to make us believe his Neck Snapping 180. (An explanation for my own I readily tender upon request, frequently even without--1. the hype pushing it was all lie, 2. it was ineffective if not full-on counterproductive, 3. I found myself in a situation where I potentially NEEDED the best hardware money could buy.)

The explanation is simple, in 1994, he was a Democrat, and thus he supported the ban. During this campaign, he was a Republican, and thus he opposed the ban. It's all about playing your part in the stage production that is politics.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top