JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I found this article regarding a bill that is actually being thrown around to give the new A.G. to ban any guns as he sees fit. Read the article and let me know what you think and if you've heard anything similar or read anything like it.

This would put any rifle or pistol 'up for grabs' if they decide to ban them. I guess I need to go purchase more before the new congress gets busy.

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=85507

This is the start of the usual stuff from the anti's, one of the trial balloons. One can throw the congressman out in the coming elections. We could get rid of some from Oregon and Washington state. Spad

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." -H.L. Mencken

I'll believe a ban on things like 1911's when I see it. Until then they might as well propose to ban unicorns. Furthermore, have a look at the main page that article is linked to if u wanna smell what the Rock is really cookin' over there.

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." -H.L. Mencken

I'll believe a ban on things like 1911's when I see it. Until then they might as well propose to ban unicorns. Furthermore, have a look at the main page that article is linked to if u wanna smell what the Rock is really cookin' over there.

Thats right just sit back and relax, nothing for you to worry about as long as you have the luxury of others to keep watch for you.

Quote anyone you want, but not all threats or "hobgoblins" are "imaginary". Take your head out of the sand. It is always better to be proactive than reactive.

It is better to be proactive by setting a good example as a gun owner by obeying the laws, knowing which public officials lean pro or against gun rights and letting them know of your stance on the issue, teaching guns and gun safety to others, and standing up to those who would make the rest of us look bad by jumping to conclusions based on rhetoric and false information. We all have the responsibility to act like adults and to use our intelligence when dealing with gun issues, in order to be able to enjoy our rights in the future.

Ouch, you guys are killing me. I assure you I'm a gun guy and my head isn't buried in the sand. But nobody knows what the future holds and until a plan of action is trotted out we just don't know what will be banned. I'm against any ban at all. ****, i'd like to see most of the stuff that is banned, unbanned.

I'll stick by my original post in saying I'll believe a ban on a 1911 when I see it. How can something as time honored, storied and collected as a 1911 get banned? How ineffective would something like that be? There's gotta be millions and millions of them out there.

Bash the quote all you like, it's remembered as a quote because it's kinda funny and kinda true. A little levity my friends. A little levity.

My point was if you looked where the link came from, it doesn't seem to be a very credible source. Worldnet Daily also printed a column two days after 9/11 by Anothony LoBaido where he outlined what he regarded as the moral depravity of America in general and New York in particular, asking whether "God (has) raised up Shiite Islam as a sword against America". This is garbage, and furthermore it's in poor taste. This is the same site that article about "banning guns at will" came from, my friends.

Last Edited:
World Nut Daily.
If they were 90% less crazy they would elevate to the credibility of the National Inquirer, IMO.

I wouldn't believe a story in there if I wrote it myself. :s0114:

If you read HR1022 it has a provision stating the the AG will have discretion as to what could be banned. I suggest reading the legislation that supposedly lies dormant in various committees. It is enough to cause alarm. If you dont think for one second they would ban 1911's, then you will love the part about banning ANY firearms originally intended for military and law enforcement use. It could easily be stretched to include the Brown Bess musket, and most other firearms since then, especially if its at the discretion of the AG. Those that are in power have a civilian disarmament agenda and they dont want you to have ANY firearms. They will lie to you to put your valid fears at ease. So maybe instead of disregarding the source, search the subject matter and many credible sources shed a light as to what the intent of this administration will be concerning the 2A.

If you read HR1022 it has a provision stating the the AG will have discretion as to what could be banned. I suggest reading the legislation that supposedly lies dormant in various committees. It is enough to cause alarm. If you dont think for one second they would ban 1911's, then you will love the part about banning ANY firearms originally intended for military and law enforcement use. It could easily be stretched to include the Brown Bess musket, and most other firearms since then, especially if its at the discretion of the AG. Those that are in power have a civilian disarmament agenda and they dont want you to have ANY firearms. They will lie to you to put your valid fears at ease. So maybe instead of disregarding the source, search the subject matter and many credible sources shed a light as to what the intent of this administration will be concerning the 2A.

There is no HR 1022 in the current Congress according to a Thomas search (yet). There is no bill with the same title in the current Congress (yet). HR 1022 did not make it to committee hearings in the last congress.

There is a distinction between proaction and overreaction. Thousands of bills are submitted each Congress, the vast majority of which languish without any committee action.

Let me know when the bill you fear is submitted, referred to a committee or committees, and when a committee or committees (or any of their various subcommittees) schedule hearings on it. The committee assignment or assignments will also give pretty good measure if the bill is intended to die on the vine. I'll especially be interested when a committee schedules mark-up.

When HR whatever makes it to a hearing of any sort in the House, it will still need to pass subcommittee(s) muster, committee(s) muster, full House, Senate subcommittee(s), Senate committee(s), and full Senate. Assuming it gets that far and there's so much as a comma difference in the text, it'll need to go through Conference committee. After that it'll go back to the full House and the full Senate.

Other than a talking point, rallying cry, or object of fear, though, the bill is nothing (and it's not even submitted yet) until some action is scheduled on it beyond its initial referral to committee.

There is no HR 1022 in the current Congress according to a Thomas search (yet). There is no bill with the same title in the current Congress (yet). HR 1022 did not make it to committee hearings in the last congress.

There is a distinction between proaction and overreaction. Thousands of bills are submitted each Congress, the vast majority of which languish without any committee action.

Let me know when the bill you fear is submitted, referred to a committee or committees, and when a committee or committees (or any of their various subcommittees) schedule hearings on it. The committee assignment or assignments will also give pretty good measure if the bill is intended to die on the vine. I'll especially be interested when a committee schedules mark-up.

When HR whatever makes it to a hearing of any sort in the House, it will still need to pass subcommittee(s) muster, committee(s) muster, full House, Senate subcommittee(s), Senate committee(s), and full Senate. Assuming it gets that far and there's so much as a comma difference in the text, it'll need to go through Conference committee. After that it'll go back to the full House and the full Senate.

Other than a talking point, rallying cry, or object of fear, though, the bill is nothing (and it's not even submitted yet) until some action is scheduled on it beyond its initial referral to committee.

I was using HR1022 as an example of how the civilian disarmament crowd is thinking in their approach with legislation and also to point out that even though the source of the original post is questionable in its religious background, the subject matter of the article was sound, and shouldnt be so casually disregarded. Whatever your intent with the civics lesson, in which I actually know how a bill becomes law, I find it frustrating and divisive. Hopefully someone else reading it will overlook the belittling tone and possibly learn something they may not have known.

This is a good site to follow the group that is sponsoring the anti-gun legislation every year, you can track previous bills that are related to HR 1022 and see the co-sponsors of each bill.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-1022

Have fun hunting!

The best way to quell these attempts at our gun rights is to let the co-sponsors know of our disagreement with these bills, these elected politicians need to hear our voices too.

Yeah, the thing is that we do have to take all of the proposals seriously. It doesn't pay to wait until they are getting ready to slide across Obama's desk to react! They will try to push anything through that we let them push through! The first thing that we need to get through their heads, is that they can't base legality of firearms on their "sporting purposes". The second amendment was not written for sports and hunters. It was written to protect us from them! We need to make our voices heard loud enough that they become nervous. If we don't, we may end up just like Australia and England.

I'll stick by my original post in saying I'll believe a ban on a 1911 when I see it. How can something as time honored, storied and collected as a 1911 get banned? How ineffective would something like that be? There's gotta be millions and millions of them out there.

Well, the government managed to get gold banned. Citizens were forced to turn in their gold for paper back in 1933. Executive Order 6102.

Unicorns? Try reality... We have a police state rising and the only way to make it complete is to get guns out of people's hands. Obama called for a civilian security force as large and as well funded as the military. What better vehicle to go door to door and collect guns... the same guns we have bought and paid for that were entered into the NICS system.

Sorry to offend anyone who doesn't like WND... but I thought that the article might interest anyone who wants to protect the 2nd amendment.

Yeah, that Obama security force thing bothers me too. There is absolutely no reason for him to do that. Bythe way, that is exactly why you don't buy guns new and run them through the NICS system.

That is exactly why you don't buy guns new and run them through the NICS system.

I know, but sometimes you buy new stuff... I would like to be able to buy from others all the time- but sometimes it is hard to get what you want (especially right now as guns fly off the shelves) so you get your name and gun in the system.

I think we should do away with any form of registration... the G men just need to stay out of our lives.

as for B.H.O. -- that civilian security force sounds horribly fascistic to me... I don't see any other purpose for such a thing other than to pull off a state of martial law. God help us all.

Casey

Yeah, I know. I have bought a few new things too. I just try to find them used whenever I can.

The thing that really makes me mad is that the NICS was not supposed to register the gun. All they need to do is run the person to make sure that they can have a firearm. The type of firearm and SN of the firearm is irrelevent. They also are only supposed to keep it on record for 5 years, but I talked to a police buddy of mine who said that is BS. They don't get rid of them like they are supposed to.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top