JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Because he had never been "legally adjudicated mentally defective in a court of law". Sorry to say, as much as I am a libertarian, keep off my lawn, type individual, there has to be a way to keep these kind of people under control. Restricting guns is not the answer. That is merely a tool. Granted it is an effective tool. But if not a gun, he drives a car into the crowd instead. We need to figure out a way to control the person, not their access to means...

Because he had never been "legally adjudicated mentally defective in a court of law". Sorry to say, as much as I am a libertarian, keep off my lawn, type individual, there has to be a way to keep these kind of people under control. Restricting guns is not the answer. That is merely a tool. Granted it is an effective tool. But if not a gun, he drives a car into the crowd instead. We need to figure out a way to control the person, not their access to means...
:s0155: and +1. Car, heck even a bicycle with saddlebags or a shopping cart loaded with a McVeigh cocktail, or any of a million other mass-casualty causing methods that anybody could dig up on the internerd. In no way would I attempt to excuse the actions of this severely mentally ill person. It's an ugly, tragic, horrible situation. But the reality remains that he could've as easily been carrying a Glock with the 32 round mag or a Hi-Point and 5 (or 10 or 20) 8 round mags... maybe I'm more 'liberal' than some people on the board, maybe not, but I'll be writing letters to legislators proposing knee-jerk restrictions on hi-cap mags or whatever else will come down the pipeline, voicing my opposition. Prohibitions of any kind just create profiteers and black markets.

And I sure don't have the answer to keeping people with evil intents from committing evil acts... wish I did...

I am not a knee-jerk NY Times hater, but this ticked me off: they included a quote from the Brady Campaign stating that Glocks have no hunting purpose (fine) and no personal protection purpose, either (!). Now that is just freakin' wrong. Not "up for debate," WRONG.

If I had beens standing there with a Glock myself, I'll bet at least a few more people would have gotten out of there.

More importantly, I feel for everyone involved in the story, especially the kid and the husband who covered his wife. And the perp sounds like such a dang dim bulb.

Here's my latest column on the subject.
The anti-gun Left as you all know by now, is really going ballistic with this one.

From Seattle P-I columnist’s ‘Message in blood’ to dancing in it after Tucson

Outrage and exploitation seem to be running hand-in-hand, even here in the Pacific Northwest with perspectives on the Crosscut and Seattle P-I.com websites, in the wake of Saturday’s deplorable attempted assassination of Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and the “collateral” slayings of a federal judge, four other adults and a 9-year-old child.

<broken link removed>

Or try this:

<broken link removed>

He was never a documented mental patient. He was kicked out of college and the letter to his parents said he cant return until he recieves a mental eval. which to me means that he never had one before. but at that time showed that he desperately needed one. plus he had a almost sudden change in character. Growing up he was seen as a good kid. Not a pothead until after highschool from what I read. No way for a gun store clerk to know!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top