JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, the big story was that there was an accepted marriage proposal.

But the times we live in, no public deed goes un-mocked.

NICE: After Winning the World Series, Astros' Carlos Correa Put a Ring on It.

UPDATE (FROM GLENN): I'm sorry, but this is deeply problematic.

Screen-Shot-2017-11-02-at-9.31.55-AM-600x313.png

Screen-Shot-2017-11-02-at-9.33.11-AM-600x200.png

First win in 56 years
(in 1962 the Colt 45's entered the league)

Astros beat Dodgers 5-1, win World Series

I normally watch most of the World Series, but lately I've become disenchanted with professional sports. I suppose it started with the NFL knee-jerks, though I've never been a big fan of football so it's nearly impossible for me to watch less than I already do. But because of the actions of the football players, the veil has been lifted and I now view all pro sports with a bit more cynicism than before. It's just a business like any other, and a very big time waster for those of us running out of time by getting old.

Also, I'm more than a little irritated that MLB extends all the way to the end of October. That's ridiculous! They should reduce the number of games in the season by ten so the World Series will end in mid-October at the latest. I remember the series a few years back in Denver when they were playing in frikkin' snow. That's just wrong.

That said, I guess I missed some pretty good games up until last night's finale, which was pretty much a snoozer.

I wonder how many people in Houston are thinking "Man, we should have moved to the American League years ago!"

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top