JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been reading all the threads,apparently not good enough,on gun sale. I though it illegal to purchase a gun from an out of state CFL without shipping it to my ffl
Why was I able to buy a shotgun from cabella's in post falls?
What did I miss?

The short answer is that the ATF looks at long guns and hand guns differently. Below is th elink to the ATF FAQ page. It should cover your questions and a few others you may have in the future.

ATF Online - Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - National Firearms Act (NFA) - Firearms

I have been reading all the threads,apparently not good enough,on gun sale. I though it illegal to purchase a gun from an out of state CFL without shipping it to my ffl
Why was I able to buy a shotgun from cabella's in post falls?
What did I miss?

Basically,I started this so others wouldn't be as dumb as me on this subject,as we always have a lot of questions on the sale and transfers of firearms to persons of other states,as I figured the answer out when I was sold the gun.

Thanks for the links Gentlemen.

Mike

What about inter family transfers of handguns? Gifts? Swap? Idaho and Oregon residents.:huh:

I think there is an actual exemption for that but not sure where to find it.

The easy answer though is since it is legal to loan firearms (see that link) if uncle Bob loaned and left his gun at your house it is not a transfer. Plus there is no registration of firearms in most states so it is not really an issue.

I think there is an actual exemption for that but not sure where to find it.

The easy answer though is since it is legal to loan firearms (see that link) if uncle Bob loaned and left his gun at your house it is not a transfer. Plus there is no registration of firearms in most states so it is not really an issue.

I'm not sure, but I think the exemption is only for inheriting guns. I think if the gift giver is still alive the transfer needs to go through an FFL. The loan might be the way to go in that case.

I'm not sure, but I think the exemption is only for inheriting guns. I think if the gift giver is still alive the transfer needs to go through an FFL. The loan might be the way to go in that case.

But,you know what? If Uncle Bob leaves the gun and you never rob a bank or kill someone with it,it would never be an issue.
Uncle Bob leaves his gun with Nephew Dumb ***,that just got out of jail,they both deserve to get nicked.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top