JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Glock 17 and XDS are apples and oranges. The 17 is full size and the XDS is probably a sub compact if you have the 3.3" version.

What are you trying to achieve here? Because you could split the difference and get a Glock 19 which is in between the two (size wise) and certainly concealable. Plus it would be able to use the G17 mags...I think.

Or you could just sell them both and get a M&P. :D

Get a Kel-Tek Sub-2000. :)
Or an Extar EP9

StorePhoto-scaled.jpg

If the intent is to leverage the mags you already have then your choices are limited. If, on the other hand, you want a different platform you just need to spend a little more on new mags as well.

Depends on if you're looking for a backup, or just a new gun.

I'd backup, like others said, the whole Glock 9 family is a good choice.

If another gun, look at AR15s in 9mm that use Glock mags. Lots of fun.

The Glock family of mags is so much more universally useful, this isn't really even a question within your parameters.....

I have a Ruger PC 9 Glock mag well, and Glock 17. I have mags for both. I visited the lgs and handled the Glock 26 which seems the most logical, but for the missing pinkie device. Very short grip. I looked at the Glock 45 ? 19 frame and 17 slide and really did not see any advantage. I think there is a long slide Glock in 9mm with a 5 inch slide, but that looked too large for any application but for walking in the woods or competition. Am I missing anything? Seems like the way to go is with the 26 unless there is another model to consider. The 19 does not hold much advantage given I have several makes of 9 mm that are of that size. Ideas?

I have a Ruger PC 9 Glock mag well, and Glock 17. I have mags for both. I visited the lgs and handled the Glock 26 which seems the most logical, but for the missing pinkie device. Very short grip. I looked at the Glock 45 ? 19 frame and 17 slide and really did not see any advantage. I think there is a long slide Glock in 9mm with a 5 inch slide, but that looked too large for any application but for walking in the woods or competition. Am I missing anything? Seems like the way to go is with the 26 unless there is another model to consider. The 19 does not hold much advantage given I have several makes of 9 mm that are of that size. Ideas?
G26 with pinkie extension on the mags is great. It's also comfortable to shoot with the various 30+ round mags. Due to the angle of the mag extension, it still conceals very well. The only limit to me seems to be the short sight radius, which you'll have with any iron sight compact or sub-compact.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top