Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Confiscation - CA edition.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by RicInOR, Feb 12, 2014.

1. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I know there are posts regarding the taking of private property by CA and NY.
    This is a specific case.

Confiscation of firearms - due to no reason / mis-reading paperwork? I found it funny that "out of date" was the excuse, since the LEOs said the fault was in 1970 - that's 44 years out of date!? What are they going to do about similar names?

Their tactic seems to be pretty common - tell the suspect to do what we want, or the penalty will be overly severe - and quite likely in this case - a lie.
    ""We told them to leave the house and go get a warrant, and they said that's fine," wife Karla Merritt said.
    "But, when we get the warrant and we come back, you're going to jail," agents reportedly told the couple.
    Michael Merritt said he had to get to work, so they let the agents take the guns."

Off the Books - Daily Brickbats : Reason.com
    State takes man's guns: 'He said we made a big mistake' | Investigations | Bakersfield Now - News, Weather and Sports

From last week, a woman got off the no fly list. She is like the first person to successfully do that. The reason she was on the list - paperwork error.

Some on this board have posted that the Government can have their guns when they are pried from their cold, dead, hands.
    I won't advocate that. However, We need to continue to fight registration in all its forms.

2. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Eighteen weapons were seized but then returned a couple weeks later. Eyewitness News discovered it was the work of a special state task force.

The weapons were returned to Michael Merritt, but he's left with plenty of questions.

3. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Disgusting.

4. revjen45

revjen45 Snohomish County Well-Known Member

Well, it's the Demokratik Peoples' Republik of Kalifornia. What do you expect from a Communist Country?

5. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

I bet those "agents" aren't sweeping through the burrows of Compton, or Oakland. :rolleyes:

6. Black Dog

Black Dog Eagle Creek Or Active Member

I would like to see that happen.

7. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Would probably be a whole new slew of "sideshow" videos on YouTube if they did.

8. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

CT - Connecticut
    This probably isn't news to those of us who read NFWA, but --

"Connecticut has created tens of thousands of newly minted criminals, because some residents are refusing to register guns under a new law enacted after the Sandy Hook School shooting"
    http://rt.com/usa/connecticut-gun-law-registration-791/
    With helpful picture of scary Hi-Point 4095.