JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know there are posts regarding the taking of private property by CA and NY.
This is a specific case.

Confiscation of firearms - due to no reason / mis-reading paperwork? I found it funny that "out of date" was the excuse, since the LEOs said the fault was in 1970 - that's 44 years out of date!? What are they going to do about similar names?

Their tactic seems to be pretty common - tell the suspect to do what we want, or the penalty will be overly severe - and quite likely in this case - a lie.
""We told them to leave the house and go get a warrant, and they said that's fine," wife Karla Merritt said.
"But, when we get the warrant and we come back, you're going to jail," agents reportedly told the couple.
Michael Merritt said he had to get to work, so they let the agents take the guns."

Off the Books - Daily Brickbats : Reason.com
<broken link removed>

From last week, a woman got off the no fly list. She is like the first person to successfully do that. The reason she was on the list - paperwork error.

Some on this board have posted that the Government can have their guns when they are pried from their cold, dead, hands.
I won't advocate that. However, We need to continue to fight registration in all its forms.

Eighteen weapons were seized but then returned a couple weeks later. Eyewitness News discovered it was the work of a special state task force.

The weapons were returned to Michael Merritt, but he's left with plenty of questions.

Merritt said, based on his experience, he thinks the agents should do a better job.

"I think if you're going to do this, you need to get down and get dirty," Merritt said. "Go find the guys that are robbing banks and killing people, and take their guns from them."

I bet those "agents" aren't sweeping through the burrows of Compton, or Oakland. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top