JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would suggest you take your own advice. I read all of it, however you posted only a small portion of it which can be misleading. So I simply added to your post. I did not detract from it or disagree with it; as a matter of fact I actually agree with what you have to say for once. But only because you are correct this time.

My problem is: there are too many that only post what you cannot do, or the most restrictive provisions...Why? OR, WA and ID are actually very permissive (or non-commital) when compared to a lot of states. Let's make sure everyone knows what they can do. Carry is not a privilage, it is a right, and should not be approached as if you are (trying to?) getting away with something.

Where you smart enough to get your Utah CHL when you got your Oregon? If so, there is reciprocity between Washington and Utah.

Too lazy. IIRC the Utah is an 8-hr. class here in OR, and it costs, too. The 16-state reciprocity sounds good, though.

The WA paper is indeed called an LCCP, which is what's printed on it, consistent with the wording of the law:
"(1)(a) Except in the person's place of abode or fixed place of business, a person shall not carry a pistol concealed on his or her person without a License to Carry a Concealed Pistol."

Right under the Sheriff's signature, on the license, it states:

"You must have your Concealed Pistol License in your immeadiate possessionat all times you are required to by law to have a Concealed Pistol License,..."

Hence, the practice of calling the license a CPL.

As to a Utah Permit..Why? do you plan on traving somewhere that a WA CPL is not recognized?

The WA CPL is less expensive and easier to obtain (no mandated training), and quicker to receive...60 days MAX for out of Stater's The only touching state (NV) that does not honor WA, does not honor UT either, and unlicensed OC is available to everyone in NV and WY anyway.

My problem is: there are too many that only post what you cannot do, or the most restrictive provisions...Why? OR, WA and ID are actually very permissive (or non-commital) when compared to a lot of states. Let's make sure everyone knows what they can do. Carry is not a privilage, it is a right, and should not be approached as if you are (trying to?) getting away with something.

I agree that it is important for everyone to know what they can and have the right to do. However, when laws are written, they usually start with the name of the offense like murder and then go on to say something like; a person commits murder if, then it gives the elements of the crime to be charged and possibly found guilty. After that it usually gives the exceptions, which is where your rights fit in. I read all the time on here and other forums that people are suprised that the police officer harrassing them about OC or something else that they have the right to do, does not know what their rights really are. Well, let me take the mystery out of it finally. When police are trained they do NOT receive any training whatsoever on what your rights are. They are given a specific statute or ordinance etc., and are trained to recognize the elements of such laws to be ablt to make a determination as to whether a crime was in fact committed and then make an arrest period. So people should be aware of what not to do because that is what the police are going to be looking for.

Too lazy. IIRC the Utah is an 8-hr. class here in OR, and it costs, too. The 16-state reciprocity sounds good, though.

The WA paper is indeed called an LCCP, which is what's printed on it, consistent with the wording of the law:
"(1)(a) Except in the person's place of abode or fixed place of business, a person shall not carry a pistol concealed on his or her person without a License to Carry a Concealed Pistol."

Actually there are only 16 staes that have agreements with Utah, there are 34 states that recognize the Utah concealed firearms permit. The RCW that refers to a LCCP is only a reference to a type of license, not the actual name of the license. But that's like potatoe.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top