JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Ruger Mini 14 with 30-shot clip" obviously a dyed in the wool gun guy :rolleyes:

What's he doing with his trigger finger in that picture?

The trouble with straddling the fence, eventually you discover your balls have gone missing.

Wow. This guy thinks too much. Actually it's more like masturbation of the mind.
News flash. You don't need to justify gun ownership! Or put some group in your gun sights as an excuse.
Just use your god given right to protect yourself. If it comes to that.
Oh ya. You cant keep voting for a nanny state and be surprised when they want to take away your guns.
Crap. I'm thinking too much.

WOW! That dude is nuttier than squirrel poop! Why didn't he just say it's my right to bear arms and I carry for fun and protection instead of all this liberal BS! If he has that much trouble with his friends over guns then perhaps he needs new friends. If a friend of mine gave me crap about my guns I'd first try to educate them and if that didn't work I'd walk away.

The guy isn't on the fence about 2A, unless I missed something in my quick read. His politics are good, unlike the right-wing drivel usually clinging to pro gun arguments like sucker fish. If you don't like his politics, sorry, too bad. If you don't like his justifications - which are actually arguments aimed at moving the base of the pro-gun control movement - and believe he should just say it's my God-given (or Tooth-Fairy-given) right, you don't understand how building a political coalition is done.
If you think his gun handling sucks, visit my range some day.

As much as I would love to see the majority of Americans become dyed-in-the-wool conservatives, I think it's fair to say that our own history is enough to show that will never be the case. Getting 300+ million people in this country to all share the same opinions is a task that I don't think anyone could accomplish.

While I personally don't care for much of what the liberal end of the political spectrum has to say, it doesn't mean that they can't be important allies in the 2A discussion. The 2nd Amendment isn't limited to conservatives, it's for Americans. And don't be so foolish as to believe it's only liberals that attack our 2A rights. I've seen my share of 'conservatives' attack our rights while also seeing liberals defend those same rights. The 2nd Amendment shouldn't be a left/right issue, but that's what we've made it. It's an American issue. If people can't get that, then we need to persuade them that their other rights are in jeopardy when their 2A rights come under attack. Yes, you're more likely to find strong defenders of the 2nd among those who identify as conservative, but it's not just a right side cause.

This article advocates for the 2nd Amendment. It advocates gun ownership. And unless I missed it (feel free to point it out if I did), he doesn't say a thing about adding more 'common sense' gun laws or adding universal background checks. Isn't that what we'd normally expect to hear from the liberal side? If we want to keep our rights, we have to have people in agreement on those rights from all political points of view. Who knows, maybe once they've properly embraced the 2nd Amendment, perhaps in time, they'll come to see the light on other issues too. Isolating people that own guns because some of their politics are not in agreement with yours will hardly win the battle. Tyranny hurts us all. Some people just need to be educated a bit more on that fact.

Just my 2 cents FWIW

I suspect some 'liberal' gun owners/2A advocates may not actually be liberals, but are perhaps Libertarians instead - they just don't know it yet. I saw a YT video recently of our own PNW Yankee Marshal where he talks about being a liberal gun owner. But as I listened to his views, he sounded a bit more to the center than to the left. Listen for yourself:

Sounds like someone who supports freedom, even for those he disagrees with. Doesn't seem like what I'd expect from someone on the far left. I don't know, what do you think? For those that don't know, he's a member of this forum, has been for a while.

Last Edited:
I saw a YT video recently of our own PNW Yankee Marshal where he talks about being a liberal gun owner. But as I listened to his views, he sounded a bit more to the center supports freedom, even for those he disagrees with. Doesn't seem like what I'd expect from someone on the far left. I don't know, what do you think? those that don't know, he's a member of this forum, has been for a while.

Huh, that's cool.

I was enjoying his videos for awhile before I realized he was a local.

It was the vid about buying a new belt at the Saturday Market in Portland that I put two and two together.

Apparently we know someone in common, as I've recognized someone he went to a gun expo with.

I agree with a majority of his views which is why I was watching the channel to begin with.

I think a lot of people forget that in the right/left battle we're leaving out a huge class of shooters that just don't care about politics. I see it at the range when one person starts chatting about Obamacare or whatever and most everyone else keeps nattering on about twist rates, muzzle velocity, and neck tension. It isn't that they don't have a political opinion, it is just that it isn't really important to them. This crowd does perk up and vote on gun issues, but they probably wouldn't care (or even know) that they were voting for a pro-gun liberal.

Simon makes good point. Mine would be that the Left vs Right is largely a fake, dog-and-pony show created and maintained by predatory corporate media to divide the people against each other.

The reality is: rich vs poor, incumbent vs not elected, powerful vs powerless, influential vs ignored.

Everybody kept divided and feuding about wedge issues while we forget we are being sucked deeper into debt, shrinking wages and benefits, part-time jobs while the middle class dies because of the collapse if the industrial base, factories exported to 3rd world countries, while the wealthy become stratospherically rich at our expense.

That's really the game afoot here.

Simon makes good point. Mine would be that the Left vs Right is largely a fake, dog-and-pony show created and maintained by predatory corporate media to divide the people against each other.

The reality is: rich vs poor, incumbent vs not elected, powerful vs powerless, influential vs ignored.

Everybody kept divided and feuding about wedge issues while we forget we are being sucked deeper into debt, shrinking wages and benefits, part-time jobs while the middle class dies because of the collapse if the industrial base, factories exported to 3rd world countries, while the wealthy become stratospherically rich at our expense.

The US currently has the highest corporate tax rate on the planet is the reason why huge pharmaceutical companies etc. are fleeing to Dublin Ireland for example.
and then there's the precious bloodsucking unions.. look at Detroit (tumbleweeds), California will soon fall and Oregon is actually just behind.. because of yep

The same politically.. Sure at the top tiers.. But the vicious progressive fascism given off by far leftists annoy me more. They aren't even liberal anymore.. They are far beyond that.

As for the article. He made secret shame firearm ownership hipster justification so when his friends in the inner city read the article while they sip on their organic, vegan, free range yet somehow still vegan, double soybean filtered, renewable energy, fair trade hot water they'll somehow "get" him.

All the while, he's voting for folks who seek to immediately dismantle the Second Amendment where as Blue Blood Republicans would do the same just at a much slower pace.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top