JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't know why this popped into my head just now, but let's say theoretically a friend gave me a cigar in 2015, and theoretically I purchased one in 2016 without going through a humidor. Theoretically I was ignorant to the embargo on Cuban goods at the time.

What would my theoretical options be of actions to take to ensure compliance with law and to make sure either cigar couldn't theoretically bite me in the bubblegum?

Theoretically, I may have been a total noob.

Last Edited:
Funny, to me that looks like the Dominican version of a Montecristo #4
Without the wrapper, it's really hard to say.

Funny, to me that looks like the Dominican version of a Montecristo #4
Without the wrapper, it's really hard to say.
Some people say that the wrapper can make all the difference in the flavor. Some people say poppycock. Best way to tell is remove the wrapper and smoke it.
However, the real reason for the wrapper is to help keep the draw steady and air tight. Wrappers are pretty for a reason. Hmmm, this should be moved over to the cigar thread for wrapper discussion.

I don't know why this popped into my head just now, but let's say theoretically a friend gave me a cigar in 2015, and theoretically I purchased one in 2016 without going through a humidor. Theoretically I was ignorant to the embargo on Cuban goods at the time.

What would my theoretical options be of actions to take to ensure compliance with law and to make sure either cigar couldn't theoretically bite me in the bubblegum?

Theoretically, I may have been a total noob.

Since Oregon doesn't have a legal cigar registry (prohibited in the Oregon Constitution, IIRC the Secondhand Smoke Amendment ) they likely wouldn't be able to prove that you did not obtain both cigars before 2016.

Even if they could, it being Oregon, if your friend and you decided you were significant others (even for a few moments) the 2016 humidor loophole law would still allow you to exchange cigars without paperwork. Worst case scenario they make you and your friend watch brokeback mountain and check to make sure you don't flinch or close your eyes.

The important thing is to never discuss your cigar issue openly. Your best option is to take your cigars (and state taxes) to a free state and smoke them there.

If it were me, I'd do nothing & say nothing. But every year I would pose for a head-less digital photo with those cigars, taken at some identifiable Oregon location. Then, wearing gloves, I'd print the image to a sheet of fingerprint free paper with a brief typed narrative such as ' Cigars purchased in violation of Oregon diktats. F you Kate', then put it in a fingerprint free envelope addressed to same [Kate], seal the envelope with a wet sponge [no saliva/DNA], put a stamp on it [no saliva/DNA], and drop it in an out of area mailbox [w/no return address]. Use no tape to seal the envelope [F-prints] and make sure no hairs [DNA] fall into the package.
You could also mail same to Burdick, Prozanski, et al...

Last Edited:
Ok, I gotta ask here, What it this all about? What am I missing here, did OryGun pull another anti Tobacco law or something? Forgive my Ignance here!

As a dedicated Pipe Smoker, I have yet to fall victim to OryGuns tax stupidity involving my bad habit! ALl my Tobacco comes from out of state, out of country!

Ok, I gotta ask here, What it this all about? What am I missing here, did OryGun pull another anti Tobacco law or something? Forgive my Ignance here!

As a dedicated Pipe Smoker, I have yet to fall victim to OryGuns tax stupidity involving my bad habit! ALl my Tobacco comes from out of state, out of country!

It's an analogy related to items frequently lost in lakes during boating accidents. If course we are talking about fishing gear! Aren't we?

Last Edited:
LOL, Yea, Fishin Gear! I wasn't sure, never know with this crowd!

My fishing gear is so special to me that the rod & reel combos all have lanyards on them, heard too many stories about loosing fishing gear. :eek::eek::eek:
Now, my safe for instance, wanted to come along, we were close, broke it's lanyard when I had to make a sharp turn to miss a sea Lion, but not in time, the poor thing got one HELL of a head ache when the hull of my 18 foot semi-V sled slammed into it...;) yes, down to Davey Jones's locker she sits (the safe I mean).:(:(:(

Oh, no cigars were harmed or burnt during this outing. :p

Last Edited:
My fishing gear is so special to me that the rod & reel combos all have lanyards on them, heard too many stories about loosing fishing gear. :eek::eek::eek:

Thanks for reminding me...........:rolleyes:

At least somebody learned from my mistake:(:( and yes, I'm still pissed:mad:......... a $150+ rod and reel set up, lost in two fricken feet of water, TWO FRICKEN FEET.......... F'ing bayou.

Ray

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads