JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was thinking of going with a Savage Evolution in 338 Lapua. That would be the easy (and cheap) way to get into the XC too. Just get a Savage 338L blank chambered for the XC. I hear the 338XT (505 Gibbs Child) is quite the screamer too. That kind of defeats the purpose I guess. I had heard about the 338LM Imp and kind of thought to start with that as a upgrade, but as the XC was actually designed with the 375 in mind...

"The reason Dave (Tubbs) developed his new case is the Cheytac case was designed for the .408 and at .375 it is way overbore and u end up with a cartridge that has a low fill ratio with higher peak pressures. So, overbore, poor fill ratio, and high chamber pressure all lend themselves to less chance of broad stable nodes which equate to high ES and SD equalling poor accuracy at range. His goal was to design a cartridge with perfect fill ratio for .375 that's optimized for modern powders like H1000 that are less temp sensitive trying to get the best ES/SD "- Squibbler The new 33XC & 37XC cartridges designed by David Tubb

Then again as you say the .4's are coming back around... but that puts it into another class of rifle. Back to square one. One expensive thing leading to next.

... that Savage Evolution could wear a 375 XC he thinks to himself as his eyes squint into his best imitation of a 2 mile stare.

Last Edited:
Was thinking of going with a Savage Evolution in 338 Lapua. That would be the easy (and cheap) way to get into the XC too. Just get a Savage 338L blank chambered for the XC. I hear the 338XT (505 Gibbs Child) is quite the screamer too. That kind of defeats the purpose I guess. I had heard about the 338LM Imp and kind of thought to start with that as a upgrade, but as the XC was actually designed with the 375 in mind...

"The reason Dave (Tubbs) developed his new case is the Cheytac case was designed for the .408 and at .375 it is way overbore and u end up with a cartridge that has a low fill ratio with higher peak pressures. So, overbore, poor fill ratio, and high chamber pressure all lend themselves to less chance of broad stable nodes which equate to high ES and SD equalling poor accuracy at range. His goal was to design a cartridge with perfect fill ratio for .375 that's optimized for modern powders like H1000 that are less temp sensitive trying to get the best ES/SD "- Squibbler The new 33XC & 37XC cartridges designed by David Tubb

Then again as you say the .4's are coming back around... but that puts it into another class of rifle. Back to square one. One expensive thing leading to next.

... that Savage Evolution could wear a 375 XC he thinks to himself as his eyes squint into his best imitation of a 2 mile stare.
I'm really considering a 37XC
It would be plenty for my needs.
Thinking of going cheap with a savage target magnum or a Stiller.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top