JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for all the feed back and as far as letting the police know. I was on the phone with them while she was pounding on my window. I thought for sure she was going to rip open my drivers side door and beat the crap out of me in front of my babies.
Oh and I like the doughnut idea. I think that might have worked at least until the cops got there. Although it probably would have taken a whole dozen to ward of this woman.

Why don't you make the short story long and tell us what YOU did to cause this woman to be upset. I take it you are a native Washington driver? ;)

That's right on point, NK. In Oregon, the crime is called "menacing." Here it is from the code:

163.190 Menacing. (1) A person commits the crime of menacing if by word or conduct the person intentionally attempts to place another person in fear of imminent serious physical injury. (2) Menacing is a Class A misdemeanor.

This gets prosecuted all the time in Washington County, often under rather odd circumstances. My advice: never show your gun to an adversary unless you intend to fire it.

Yeah, I can vouch for the odd circumstances... back in 1990 I was charged with menacing after I caught a dude RED HANDED breaking into my house... (w/o any weapons of any kind other than my combat training) I broke his back and he needed a neck brace for several months... I spent one night in the PDX downtown tank in a nine man cell... they fed the guys CHILI of all things... yeah it got bad. :s0112:

The charges were ultimately dismissed in court, but I had to go through the hassle of going to court several times, arguing (respectfully) with judges, and the expense of an attorney... If I had shot the guy dead, I probably would have been in less trouble... a little punk ADA was trying to make a name for hisself at my expense. :angry:

Why don't you make the short story long and tell us what YOU did to cause this woman to be upset. I take it you are a native Washington driver? ;)

LMAO... yeah what is up with Washington drivers getting in the left lane and NOT moving over for any reason? I was down in LA last week and low and behold... I came accross a few Washington tagged cars doing the same thing down there!!

The pepper stray is a good suggestion.
I have a friend who is an absolute *** when behind the wheel of a car. The kind who gets angry when walking to the car so he tends to piss off other drivers. He's only 5' 4" and on a few occasions he's angered much bigger guys who wanted to pull him out of his car and beat him for a while. On those occasions, pepper stray has worked great for him...

By the way I am a 5'1 130lb female not a male, and this lady was like 5'8 275 not much of a fight. I would have left if I felt like I could. Someone asked for the full story so here it is.
I was sitting at a red light thats sensor was tripped by a firetruck. The light would not change because the firetruck was sitting 3 blocks north of the light and was constatnly tripping the sensor. They didn't send anyone to direct traffic, and the cars with the green light had a speed limit of 55mph. Several people in front of me ran the red light accross 3-4 lanes of traffic. I called 911 the first time and asked them to send someone to direct traffic while I was still pretty far back in line (like 4 or 5 cars back). The dispatcher said that they would send someone. There were almost 3 different accidents by people choosing to run the red light. I had a red left turn arrow and I would have had to turn accross 3 lanes of on coming traffic two going south and one going north and with them having a speed limit of 55mph I didn't like those odds. So I sat at the light thinking a cop was on his way 5 or 10 min. later still no cop and now I was at the front of the line. So I called 911 again and while I was on the phone with them the lady got out of her huge F150 and decided it was a good idea to yell at me and pound on my window. The dispatcher told me to stay where I was and I told the woman that I wasn't going anywhere. Within 5 min there still was not cop and finally the light turned green and I went and just as the light turned green a cop then showed up a day late and a dollar short.. Like I said had it been safe maybe I would have gone, but my babies safety is more important than some woman's impatients.

By the way I am a 5'1 130lb female not a male, and this lady was like 5'8 275 not much of a fight. I would have left if I felt like I could. Someone asked for the full story so here it is.
I was sitting at a red light thats sensor was tripped by a firetruck. The light would not change because the firetruck was sitting 3 blocks north of the light and was constatnly tripping the sensor. They didn't send anyone to direct traffic, and the cars with the green light had a speed limit of 55mph. Several people in front of me ran the red light accross 3-4 lanes of traffic. I called 911 the first time and asked them to send someone to direct traffic while I was still pretty far back in line (like 4 or 5 cars back). The dispatcher said that they would send someone. There were almost 3 different accidents by people choosing to run the red light. I had a red left turn arrow and I would have had to turn accross 3 lanes of on coming traffic two going south and one going north and with them having a speed limit of 55mph I didn't like those odds. So I sat at the light thinking a cop was on his way 5 or 10 min. later still no cop and now I was at the front of the line. So I called 911 again and while I was on the phone with them the lady got out of her huge F150 and decided it was a good idea to yell at me and pound on my window. The dispatcher told me to stay where I was and I told the woman that I wasn't going anywhere. Within 5 min there still was not cop and finally the light turned green and I went and just as the light turned green a cop then showed up a day late and a dollar short.. Like I said had it been safe maybe I would have gone, but my babies safety is more important than some woman's impatients.

Kudos to you! :s0155:

Can't blame you there, i put my son above everything and everyone else.

... I hear chocolate works wonders on women.

Well it does on my fiance:s0155:

anyways, in today world people would do anything to get some extra money. So Lets say you show her your gun and tell her to back off. she turns around presses charges then sues you for some retarded mental/emotionally excuse she has made up. A lot of people say when your in a hostel situation you dont have a lot of time to think before you react. but a fat lady pounding on your window isn't really a huge threat. 1) because your in your car i'm assuming the doors locked and 2) maybe Mickie deez left a slice of cheese off her burger.:s0112: Have your hand on your weapon and be ready to draw, and if she looks like shes reaching for something your ready. Now if she was walking towards you with an object and making it look like the situation was gonna turn ugly, id leave as quick as i could, if i couldn't then id pull the gun out and have the police on the phone.

... I hear chocolate works wonders on women.

Well it does on my fiance:s0155:

anyways, in today world people would do anything to get some extra money. So Lets say you show her your gun and tell her to back off. she turns around presses charges then sues you for some stupid mental/emotionally excuse she has made up. A lot of people say when your in a hostel situation you dont have a lot of time to think before you react. but a fat lady pounding on your window isn't really a huge threat. 1) because your in your car i'm assuming the doors locked and 2) maybe Mickie deez left a slice of cheese off her burger.:s0112: Have your hand on your weapon and be ready to draw, and if she looks like shes reaching for something your ready. Now if she was walking towards you with an object and making it look like the situation was gonna turn ugly, id leave as quick as i could, if i couldn't then id pull the gun out and have the police on the phone.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top