Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

concealed weapons permit

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by westernsky20, Jun 25, 2009.

1. westernsky20

westernsky20 Portland, OR Member

I live in Multnomah co. Took my concealed weapons class on 3/17/09.
    Turned in my application a day later.
    Got a letter setting my apointment about a month later for 6/3/09.
    Went in on 6/3/09 got finger printed, picture taken and Paid my $65.
    Permit showed up today.
    See it is possible to get a concealed carry permit in Multnomah co. in a resonable amount of time. :huh:

2. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I guess it all depends on your definition of "reasonable". :laugh: There are certainly people out there who think it came way too quick!

Carry withcommon sense and patience young grasshopper. Congrats on your permit.

3. tonyspdx

tonyspdx Gresham, OR Member

I got mine in a month, from start to finish last year in Multnomah co. There are a lot people applying so its taking longer.

4. ikona

ikona west of pdx Member

They are Concealed Handgun Permits, congrats on obtaining it. Now you are doomed to spending money on many different holsters and handguns trying to find the ideal concealed carry equipment

5. tonyspdx

tonyspdx Gresham, OR Member

This soooo true.

6. BillCh

BillCh Vancouver Active Member

Ya, Sure.

:laugh::laugh::bluelaugh:

7. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

Yup I got mine in two weeks waiting also... congrats on your first CCH, remember try not to let it expire he he he :)

8. Tactical SS

Tactical SS Washington Member

I applied on a Thursday and my license came on the following Monday. Not a bad wait time.

9. tionico

tionico Thurston County Well-Known Member

I was just blown away by the Thurston County Sheriff's Office. Went in and applied on 10 June, paid me my money down, got the permit in the post on 24 June. first permit, not a renewal. One more (of a large multitude) reason I'm glad I don't live in King County. Or pierce, I have it on good authority that both of those counties send the permit out on the last possible date to assure compliance with Washington's directive that it should be issued within thirty days, whilst assuring the least possible amount of time the holder actually HAS his permit. Delay it as long as possible, they claim.

10. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Think of it they way they do in sports... use up your "time-outs" to manipulate the game within the rules.... it sucks, but there will ALWAYS be "players" in any system.. or game.