JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just traveled to Yellowstone. I read the cc laws for Idaho, Montana & Wyoming but still was not positive. In the end I just packed an unloaded pistol in a day bag and left it in the hatchback.

Last time I was in Yellowstone, I believe they prohibited guns in the park period, unloaded and locked up or not. Rules may have changed since then as it was decades ago.

It is best to play it safe.

While at the park my pistol was in the hotel. But good point. I didn't mention it. Funny but just outside the main gate at the first stop light there is an indoor gun range that supplies full auto rifles.

Last time I was in Yellowstone, I believe they prohibited guns in the park period, unloaded and locked up or not. Rules may have changed since then as it was decades ago.

It is best to play it safe.
As of 2010 open carry at Yellowstone is allowed. Some of the buildings are gun free zones.

This whole thing smacks of a Cop and DA, and Judge, bucking for attention, and promotions! Small town heros' that want to improve there position in life! Instead of proving worth through hard work they choose the easy path and the policing for profit trip! Some one needs to step up, Do a gofundme deal and take the fight back to that very court and bring this circus to it's knees. This Sheriff needs to make it real clear to the OSP, you operate in my county, you answer to me first, before any thing goes to a DA and Grand Jury! The OSP need to be reigned in big time in Orygun, they are out there running amook doing ill deeds to good innocent folk!

I always thought eastern Oregon was mostly gun friendly but after reading this story will have to treat anywhere in Oregon like your in Portland....

To be honest, it depends on if you are Hispanic or not. Mostly because they keep shooting at each other around here. Little old white lady shoots a warning shot in the air from the middle of a crowded park; pass. White non-felon criminal shoots another criminal in a car because he thinks the other guy is going to shoot him first, then hides the gun and runs; pass. DWH Driving While Hispanic with a firearm; your going to jail son. Of course if you shoot at the cops, yeah your going to prison for 10 years no matter what color you are.

I'd like to think these shenanigans wouldn't happen east of the cascades. Just to cover myself, both my wife and I have Oregon, Utah, and Arizona permits. It's a shame that law abiding people minding their own business were hassled like this. People need to realize that we have the right to legally carry weapons and that good people posses them as well. I understand that cops are used to seeing criminals with firearms but they need to be able tone it down when needed.

How the cop, district attorney and judge could sleep at night after putting an innocent man through all of that is beyond me. Thank God justice prevailed.

Some people can sell you a car with a smile knowing the tranny will blow the second you're out of sight. Working for the government is just a job for some people. They didn't have character before the job and they didn't get any while on the job. Unfortunately it's not a requirement.

How the cop, district attorney and judge could sleep at night after putting an innocent man through all of that is beyond me. Thank God justice prevailed.

narcissm has no heart, they get a kick out of dominating over others when they a vulnerable and making them suffer especially if it furthers their anti gun opinion...

In almost every case of abuse of power, you have an individual who has a pathological inferiority complex, Didn't get enough daddy time, or spent too much time playing with the cheese grater in the corner! They have this power fixation that drives them, they want control, they want power over others, they want to be in charge of things! The more closely they can take another to death, the more satisfied they are! These people exist in all aspects of life! Your boss, maybe he/she gets off on what power they wield over you, Cops, the ultimate control over some one, Military, outright command of others! Many are able to keep them selves in check, but as we see here, some cannot!

Working for the government is just a job for some people.

That's why we need to bring back tar and feathers. Give 'em a little motivation to be reasonable.

Still, if I lived down there (and I've thought about it - not much government left ;) ) I'd think of organizing a shunning campaign. Just hand out flyers to all the businesses, "Don't serve these people!" Something like that might give them pause, even if it didn't actually drive them out.

In a case like this where the LEO was blatantly wrong and the citizen is exonerated, there needs to be is a 'Citizens Committee' picked like a jury to decide (from a list of potential disciplinary actions) to 'hear' the entire case, be able to review the documents such as reports, blotter entries and citations if issued, and choose - much like a jury - the level of discipline to be meted out - but to be handled in a relatively short amount of time - such as like no more than eight hours lets say.

:oops:

I dont know why I kept thinking east...

No prob. It's all good. :)

LE here in Union and Wallowa counties tends to be pretty laid back. Yes, we do have DA/ADA with agenda sometimes and we have our share of corruption/influence. But the cops themselves are pretty good guys. Only one or two with attitudes. I provided service for their radio needs and full installation in new cars for 30 years. The tough guys seem to go down the road pretty quick. You have to look at the leadership.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top