JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bastidge what your saying is with an Oregon chl, you may open carry loaded, both pistol and rifle. I get the city ordinance exemption, but I still don't see how having loaded rifles and shotguns in a center console would be legal. Make me understand. :)

Bastidge what your saying is with an Oregon chl, you may open carry loaded, both pistol and rifle. I get the city ordinance exemption, but I still don't see how having loaded rifles and shotguns in a center console would be legal. Make me understand. :)

Because there is no law in OR that says you can not..........

Laws are written to tell you the things you can not do. If there is no law against it then it is legal.

Really? I thought you had to have the rifle or shotgun unloaded and magazine and rifle had to be separate and away from direct acces to the driver, like a trunk. The loaded open carry exception wouldn't seem to apply to a loaded rifle in a concealed center console to me.

Really? I thought you had to have the rifle or shotgun unloaded and magazine and rifle had to be separate and away from direct acces to the driver, like a trunk. The loaded open carry exception wouldn't seem to apply to a loaded rifle in a concealed center console to me.

166.250(a) prohibits concealed firearms upon a person. 166.250(b) prohibits concealed handguns in a vehicle. So a long gun concealed in a vehicle is not prohibited.

When it comes to laws it is much better to know then to think. Here are the OR laws that apply to firearms, http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/chapter/166 I assume you live in OR so read them and know them if you own/carry firearms there. Again if you read the law you will see none of the things you "think" in there.

Sorry but I just don't buy the concept that the Oregon CHL covers anything but a handgun. In the ORS citation you provide, you are trying to read it like is a limiting instrument on the states authority to enforce concealed carry, like reading the bill of rights. (in other words. if it doesn't specifically say you can't, you can). That is not what you are dealing with in this provision.

Remember, this refers to a individual who has obtained a state issued permit / license to carry a concealed handgun , period. The obvious key words being "handgun", "permit" and "concealed".

A state issued fishing license does not enable you to shoot an elk, nor does a state issued drivers license authorize you to fly a 747.

Any "permit" is specificly written to describe the things that you can do with it, not the dozens of things that you are not allowed to do, so just because it doesn't say you can't use it to conceal a rifle, shotgun, long blade knife, grenade..... won't give you the authority to do so..

Sorry but I just don't buy the concept that the Oregon CHL covers anything but a handgun. In the ORS citation you provide, you are trying to read it like is a limiting instrument on the states authority to enforce concealed carry, like reading the bill of rights. (in other words. if it doesn't specifically say you can't, you can). That is not what you are dealing with in this provision.

Remember, this refers to a individual who has obtained a state issued permit / license to carry a concealed handgun , period. The obvious key words being "handgun", "permit" and "concealed".

A state issued fishing license does not enable you to shoot an elk, nor does a state issued drivers license authorize you to fly a 747.

Any "permit" is specificly written to describe the things that you can do with it, not the dozens of things that you are not allowed to do, so just because it doesn't say you can't use it to conceal a rifle, shotgun, long blade knife, grenade..... won't give you the authority to do so..

I'm going to take the lazy on this one. If you are not legally comfortable, then don't do it ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top