JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I want NO more laws, thank you. In fact I'd like to see every law passed in the last 40 years repealed. If we lived without it for 200 years, and since I grew up without it, I can live without it now.

I've already lost enough of my freedom, thank you.

Only 40 years?
So the Gun Control Act of 1968 and National Firearms Act (1934) are okay with you? ;)

OK, I'm busted. So make it 100 years. :s0155:

Let me put it this way... There is a law that I disagree with. Say it's a gun-related law. What can I do about it ? bubblegum about it on the NWF forum ? What results will it yield ? Some conservative member will pop up, and will blame Obama for all the bad luck firearms owners are having. Instead of doing that, I support organizations like SAF, who use guided weapons of ad-hoc litigation to address those problems. Use the system to fix the system itself. Problem solved.

Sorry, I've already had a few drinks, and I just can't be serious about this stuff anymore tonight :D

Or you can contribute to NRA, GOA, whatever (as I do) *and* treat the law with the contempt it rightfully deserves. Acknowledging the legitimacy of the system is to fight the corrupt government on their terms with one arm tied behind your back.

Large scale disobedience of unjust laws is a very effective method, for example, during Prohibition. Do you really think the 18th Amendment would have been repealed if it weren't for the open flaunting of the law?

Or you can contribute to NRA, GOA, whatever (as I do) *and* treat the law with the contempt it rightfully deserves. Acknowledging the legitimacy of the system is to fight the corrupt government on their terms. Large scale disobedience of unjust laws is a very effective method, for example, during Prohibition.

I wasn't born here, and I've taken the oath to support and to defend the Constitution and the laws of the United States. It is not my place to decide on a daily basis which laws are unjust and to ignore them.

I wasn't born here, and I've taken the oath to support and to defend the Constitution and the laws of the United States. It is not my place to decide on a daily basis which laws are unjust and to ignore them.

Actually it is your place and duty to defend the Constitution against unconstitutional laws, you simply choose not to and allow the courts to do your job. But hey, that's your choice to trust the courts even if the evidence shows the courts will almost always side with the state and against the people. To each his own.

Actually it is your place and duty to defend the Constitution against unconstitutional laws, you simply choose not to and allow the courts to do your job. But hey, that's your choice to trust the courts even if the evidence shows the courts will almost always side with the state and against the people. To each his own.

You just pulled that out of your hat. Here is something that comes out of the Constitution though :

The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States, and Treaties made, or which shall be made, under their Authority;—to all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls;—to all Cases of admiralty and maritime Jurisdiction;—to Controversies to which the United States shall be a Party;—to Controversies between two or more States;—between a State and Citizens of another State;—between Citizens of different States;—between Citizens of the same State claiming Lands under Grants of different States, and between a State, or the Citizens thereof, and foreign States, Citizens or Subjects.

^

That's fine and all, but since the three branches (run by the ruling class) have collaborated to rule and exploit the people, where does that leave us? Your rigged system?

The Constitution says the courts have judicial power, doesn't mean the power shall be respected without scrutiny, and be above questioning. Consent of the governed and all that.

Our constitution, 3 branches of government and all, calls for only the Supreme Court as mandatory. Even then, it doesn't specify how many members the SC must have. That's left to Congress.

The other courts such as the Federal Courts of Appeal were established by Congress and can be eliminated by Congress. I'd like to see that because every ruling they make creates law. "Legislation from the bench" or "Judicial activism," - call it what you want.

Newt Gingrich raised a lot of eyebrows when he said something about abolishing the 9th District Court of Appeals, and also calling some Federal judges before Congress to answer for their rulings.

The mainstream media went nuts about "separation of powers" but Gingrich was right. It applies only the the Supreme Court and the other courts were created by and answer to Congress if Congress would require it of them. (this is not an endorsement for or against Gingrich - just a comment on his statement.)

I'm going to try to vote for people who I believe will simply follow the Constitution. The Constitution was developed to limit government and to give the rights and powers to the people and to a lesser degree, the states. The first ten Amendments which include the Second Amendment which we call 2A are together called "The Bill of Rights" for a good reason.

That's our Rights.

FYI

TN does have a training requirement. I know because I took it for my TN HCL before that accepted a DD-214. It was actually very useful because it covered the laws, protections and liabilities. Second day of the class was the written test and live fire qualification. I haven't seen any similar training on washington protections or liabilities for a compareable cost. I believe it was $60 for 8 hours.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

In 1974 I was 12 and needed to attend a gun safety course to get a hunting license as I feel all youth should..However In washington you do not need a formal training course for concealed carry. I hate government intrusion as much as anyone BUT do you think it would be a good idea for a new shooter and 1st first time CC permit applicant to take a firearms training course?

Knowing full well I am going to take some crap on my opinion .........

Yes, I feel if you're going to take on the responsibility of CC in order to protect yourself then you should have a very good class that addresses the law and the firearm safety rules. I'd say that this takes about 8 hours .... my OFA class did. Secondly, I would suggest another 8 hours of nothing but shooting. I personally believe that having the basics of how to draw and present your gun, vocalize to STOP!, move in all directions while shooting, and firing from different positions are necessary. This isn't so much to prove to the instructors or the public you have met some criteria but to prove to you what you can and can't do with your body.

One of the folks in my basic class was a vet (I'm thinking Korea or Viet Nam) who had some serious burns from his service which included his hands. I know that he had to deal with hand issues during our course. In that basic course we never had to move, kneel, or deal with barriers. It appeared that none of us except this guy and his wife would've had problems to do any of these things.

By the time I got my cancer diagnosis I had 3 handgun courses under my belt. Long story short, I have my surgery and then a 6 week recovery prior to attending an AR course at OFA. I was amazed and depressed at how much strength and mobility I had lost in just a few short months. I thought I was "recovered" but it was quite obvious to me that this course taught me a whole lot more about what I could do and couldn't do than about AR manipulation. Holding a gun at the ready was a challenge, Squatting, leaning to shoot around a barrier, and endurance were eye openers for me. I was 46 years old and felt like an 70 year old.

Yes, I understand the Constitution and the 2A.

FYI

TN does have a training requirement. I know because I took it for my TN HCL before that accepted a DD-214. It was actually very useful because it covered the laws, protections and liabilities. Second day of the class was the written test and live fire qualification. I haven't seen any similar training on washington protections or liabilities for a compareable cost. I believe it was $60 for 8 hours.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Send me a PM. We do a 3-evening, one-day live-fire course including the CC laws and extensive training on self-defense law for $150 and provide guns. We're under-priced, but we make up in volume what we lose in tuition.

You'll pay more, but you'll also get excellent training at Seattle Firearms Academy and Practical Edge in Tri-Cities. the reason you could get the training in TN for $60 is that the state requires it, meaning it's a guaranteed income stream for training companies. Trust me, I lost a butt-load of money by moving out of Mass. which has similar requirements.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top