JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Even though I look like the last person you would want to attack.
I always use the stall when I'm in a public bathroom.

Your kind of vulnerable standing with your back to strangers. And your pecker in your hand!
it takes a different kid of criminal to attack a man with his d!ck in his hand. the thought of gettin a golden shower would keep me away. just sayin.

Personally I always love to see people OC. But in today's society I don't believe OC in for self defense/protection I think it's purely about awareness/ attention. Making a point.
Which these areas do need, However, it's a risk.
If I was a bad guy and wanted to do bad things and saw a guy OC, that's my next target. Free gun for me.

Only time I OC is in the woods, or when I'm with others who are doing the same.

Personally I always love to see people OC. But in today's society I don't believe OC in for self defense/protection I think it's purely about awareness/ attention. Making a point.
Which these areas do need, However, it's a risk.
If I was a bad guy and wanted to do bad things and saw a guy OC, that's my next target. Free gun for me.

Only time I OC is in the woods, or when I'm with others who are doing the same.

Yeah I second that, I don't carry to advertise, if I'm carrying open I'm up in the woods or with friends. Otherwise I'm concealed no matter what.

Yeah I second that, I don't carry to advertise, if I'm carrying open I'm up in the woods or with friends. Otherwise I'm concealed no matter what.

I think some are missing the point which is no matter how you choose to carry, keep your head on a swivel and don't look like a mark.

I rarely OC (maybe a couple times a year in town) but I reserve the right to, and really, most people don't even notice. It has nothing to do with "advertising". Sometimes I just want to break in a holster or don't feel like jamming 2 lbs of metal down my pants because I ate too much ham last night.

I also think that most gun people who have negative feelings about OC, probably are not from eastern Wa/Or/N Id, where no body really notices or cares where if you grew up in Sea tac or PDX the culture is so different, it would be hard to imagine it as acceptable.

First off I have to say that in my opinion carrying on your back side is dumb especially if it's not concealed. The fact alone that if you were to slip and fall or get knocked the f out... you could damage your spine or tail bone. Second if your in a store waiting in line there are most likely people right behind you. I think it would be easier for the person behind you to pull the gun rather than yourself. I open carry all summer long do to the heat. I have a galco jack bubblegum rig and I still turn me body sideways in any sort of line so my back faces no one. I'm glad he didn't die but maybe he should rethink carrying a handgun because it obviously didn't do him any good but get punched in the face and out 500$ for the xd.

First off I have to say that in my opinion carrying on your back side is dumb especially if it's not concealed. The fact alone that if you were to slip and fall or get knocked the f out... you could damage your spine or tail bone. Second if your in a store waiting in line there are most likely people right behind you. I think it would be easier for the person behind you to pull the gun rather than yourself. I open carry all summer long do to the heat. I have a galco jack bubblegum rig and I still turn me body sideways in any sort of line so my back faces no one. I'm glad he didn't die but maybe he should rethink carrying a handgun because it obviously didn't do him any good but get punched in the face and out 500$ for the xd.
I meant galco jack bubblegum rig

True, it doesn't matter where you are or if your carrying or not. Have good situational awareness and having an ability to see trouble before it punches you in the face is key to survival.
Sounds like this guy was too complacent or just had the misthinking that he was suddenly above being a target because he had a gun.

I all for people open carrying firearms or at least having the right to, I just don't think in an urban environment it's very safe.

I don't want the attention, same reason I don't wear gun shirts or put a bunch of pro- 2A, gun stickers on my car.
I want to go un-noticed. Blend into the background.

I do not open carry too often, but when I do it IS to advertise that there are good guys with guns out there too. Many people only see the headlines of the bad guys with guns. I am not a scary looking guy and dress with a clean cut look when I open carry and get alot of positive feedback.. I think to change the way people feel about guns we have to change what they see. Some will never change but some may
I understand that you take on an elevated risk, but to me I evaluate the risk and proceed with caution to hopefully change our future for the better

I do not open carry too often, but when I do it IS to advertise that there are good guys with guns out there too. Many people only see the headlines of the bad guys with guns. I am not a scary looking guy and dress with a clean cut look when I open carry and get alot of positive feedback.. I think to change the way people feel about guns we have to change what they see. Some will never change but some may
I understand that you take on an elevated risk, but to me I evaluate the risk and proceed with caution to hopefully change our future for the better

Pretty much just what I was going to say. I've open carried in "urban" environments plenty of times and never had a problem. Dress nice, act nice and everyone treats you nice. But if you're going to OC, which is what the guy in the article was doing, SOB is probably not your best choice.

Not to mention the mentally insane Mad Mom Bullies, who advocate attacking OC's and calling 911 on them to make sure they're not a bad guy. Who has time for that nonsense,,,o_O

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top