JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello have a problem with getting my permit. I had a dws felony from 1992 reduced to a misdonenor being told by attorney that this would allow me to get my permit. I was denied they told me becouse it was an original felony I coulnt get it. What is the point of getting it reduced if it still shows up as a felony still. I can legally own and buy guns. Driving charges cannot get expunged or I would just do that. Anyone have this happen to them. What to do

I believe that you are up against ORS 166.291(1)(g):
Has never been convicted of a felony or found guilty, except for insanity under ORS 161.295 (Effect of mental disease or defect), of a felony;

The question is does ORS 166.291(2) apply to you?
A person who has been granted relief under ORS 166.274 (Relief from prohibition against possessing or purchasing firearm) or 166.293 (Denial or revocation of license) or section 5, chapter 826, Oregon Laws 2009, or 18 U.S.C. 925(c) or has had the persons record expunged under the laws of this state or equivalent laws of other jurisdictions is not subject to the disabilities in subsection (1)(g) to (L) of this section.

That's the part that Kevin can probably help you with understanding and then helping you get the CHL if you qualify.

I believe that you are up against ORS 166.291(1)(g):
Has never been convicted of a felony or found guilty, except for insanity under ORS 161.295 (Effect of mental disease or defect), of a felony;

The question is does ORS 166.291(2) apply to you?
A person who has been granted relief under ORS 166.274 (Relief from prohibition against possessing or purchasing firearm) or 166.293 (Denial or revocation of license) or section 5, chapter 826, Oregon Laws 2009, or 18 U.S.C. 925(c) or has had the persons record expunged under the laws of this state or equivalent laws of other jurisdictions is not subject to the disabilities in subsection (1)(g) to (L) of this section.

That's the part that Kevin can probably help you with understanding and then helping you get the CHL if you qualify.

I put a link in my first reply, but here is the full info:

You may contact us by mail at:

PO Box 556
Canby OR

By Phone At:

503-263-5830

Or you may contact us by e-mail at:

"off (insert "@") oregonfirearms.org"

If you are experiencing difficulty with that email address please use our alternate address:

oregonfirearms (insert "@") gmail.com

The address is listed in the above format to reduce spam. When you write, just place the "@" sign between "off" and "oregonfirearms.org"

If you do not receive a timely response to an e-mail, please call us.

I am not fighting for my gun rights to be restored. I have those restored. But becouse on the chl application clearly states you Can never have been convicted of a felony. I cannot find anything about a concealed carry in the law books think its up to the county. And my right to appeal

Yes since oregon won't let you expunge driving offenses I cannot get it expunged. I was told that a reduction judgement was as if it never was a felony convictin just like an expungement, you can say it never happened that is my problem I don't know if that is the case here I was hopping someone in this forum has had to deal with this. Sounds like it could be a common problem. Ie, reckless driving ,dui, hit and run. Some examples of a felony wobbler.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top