JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do either of you guys know if you can use the app and the phone's video simultaneously?
That seems to be a conundrum of ours that we haven't figured out yet, other than putting a phone in each hand and following the shooter through the COF.

There is a way on Android using the "split screen" mode, though it doesnt work with all apps and Ive never figured out how to get it to work. Weve just had the timer person hold the phone with the timer app in one hand and the phone to record video in the other... yes, tricky working the start stop buttons on both. Ive only got a couple of shot-timed vids from my shooting buddy its generally a pain.

Weve just had the timer person hold the phone with the timer app in one hand and the phone to record video in the other... yes, tricky working the start stop buttons on both. Ive only got a couple of shot-timed vids from my shooting buddy its generally a pain.

Yeah, same here... :oops:
Posted them in the Shooting Pictures thread a coupla weeks ago...

April 19
May 9 (false start)
May 9 (post-lecture...)

Last Edited:
If I'm recording i usually bring the GoPro. :)
I have one, too. You can see the mount for it on the top of my ear pro.
Thing is, it's top-heavy up there, and with all the running around it drags my pro down, and I don't much feel like reaching up there to adjust it with a gun in my hand.
And then there's all the fiddlin' with it to get it started up and shut down for each stage.
Add to that the remote for it won't pair anymore, and I've not done the work necessary to troll the innerwebz to find a solution to that issue.
So, was kinda just wanting to dump the GoPro altogether, get a shot timer (or app), and use the iPhone to video all the fun.

Last Edited:
Yeah, same here... :oops:
Posted them in the Shooting Pictures thread a coupla weeks ago...

April 19
May 9 (false start)
May 9 (post-lecture...)

Those are pretty cool, and official... I'm just an amateur on public lands but I just try to be proficient with my skills plus its fun to practice drills than just blast targets. Someday Id like to shoot some matches but its always eluded me, the current ammo crunch is going to cut into my shooting this year. Ive only got very few videos of me.... this is one from the first time we started doing moving drills called a 10 Round Assault Course, we started practicing after considering defending from longer distances like an active mall shooter scenario. The first two shots start out at 20yds.

Edit: no idea why my media video doesnt work...

View attachment 20170805_001b.mov

Last Edited:
I've had the same issue the first time or two. Finally figured it out, but without actually going through it again, I don't know how to give directions. o_O

Those are pretty cool, and official... I'm just an amateur on public lands but I just try to be proficient with my skills plus its fun to practice drills than just blast targets. Someday Id like to shoot some matches but its always eluded me, the current ammo crunch is going to cut into my shooting this year. Ive only got very few videos of me.... this is one from the first time we started doing moving drills called a 10 Round Assault Course, we started practicing after considering defending from longer distances like an active mall shooter scenario. The first two shots start out at 20yds.

View attachment 701255
I see the vid.

I'm still not seeing @Koda's vid. Shows up as "Invalid Source". The link to Pistol-Training.com works though...

Capture.JPG

WMP ain't pickin' it up for some reason. MP4 should play in WMP. I'm stumped...

@Koda What you upload has to be in MOV, but @AshWilliams converted it to MP4, so Windows Media Player should play that, but it's not. Dunno what's up wi'dat...

Even the link isnt working for me...

I don't want to mess up the conversation so I started a troubleshooting post, feel free to help over there...

To get this back on subject here is a screencap from another video of the same drill. My only good action picture. You basically work your way up closer to the target shooting from set distances, only the last 3 shots are shooting while moving. I generally score at least a 7 but have scored perfect 10s. The par time is 20 seconds which I struggle to meet. The black target is an 8" diameter shoot n c.

We started doing this to work in some longer distance training in response to active shooters in stores, it turns out to be a simple and fun drill that most can practice on public land and is a good way to introduce moving to shoot.

20190526 target 001_cropped_WM.jpg

Last Edited:
Well, I never thought to look for an app (I'm a professional Luddite).
Seems that's there's at least a dozen different shot timer apps I the App Store. Now which to choose... :rolleyes:
I have been following this thread. I got as far as you finding the timers in the Apple store. What features are you looking for?

I'm actually leaning toward buying a hand-held timer now. The Competition Electronics Pocket Pro 2.
As far as iPhone app would go, I would want something that can (at least) duplicate what a Pocket Pro would do.

View attachment 701255
Your video works fine for me. Im using a kindle HDX tablet with the Silk browser.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top