JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Monroe and Puyallup shows are no loaded or UN-loaded allowed unless you have a WAC license or something like that.
You can carry an unloaded weapon into the WAC shows. They confiscate your membership badge (if you're a member) and throw you out with no refund if you try to take a loaded one in.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

For those too lazy to click the link:

If you have a concealed carry permit and it is valid within the state where the store is located, Cabela's honors your right to carry as long as it is completely concealed.

• States with open carry provisions will be allowed as long as the firearm remains in the holster.
  • Law enforcement officials, state and federal authorized personnel (e.g. FBI officials, armored truck drivers, ATF officials) are permitted to carry weapons openly in the store.

Didn't read the whole thread, but if this is a WAC show there are very good reasons for it:

a) About once a year some idiot has a negligent discharge at the show, even though for years they have had the policy of mandating all guns must be unloaded, no mags in the gun, and the action must be zip tied open. I was there for two of those negligent discharges and one of them the guy shot himself in the hand (ever see someone cover the barrel of a handgun with their hand as if that somehow protects others? I have, and it is just plain stupid as a bullet will go right through your hand. That is what this guy did).

b) It is really really bad PR to have so-called "responsible gun owners" have negligent discharges - especially at a gun show where anti-gunners just love to crow about such things, and about "loopholes" and such.

There are a LOT of guns being handled by a LOT of people, some of them do NOT know how to do it safely. I have seen a LOT of children at gun shows and I dread the day some child is injured because some IDIOT isn't safe - because oh boy, the fecal matter will REALLY hit the fan then.

The WAC is a club, and a PAC, and they really want to continue to have gun shows. It is why they have rules.

Think about it. There are rules at any good gun range too, and several of them have to do with when and where a firearm can be loaded, and when/where it can't be loaded - and that is a place where you expect to be able to shoot.

And yet, with all these supposedly "safe" firearms owners/carriers, who *know* the rules, there are people who ignore them and there are negligent discharges.

It just goes to show that not every gun owner is the responsible careful safe gun owner we hope we all are.

That is why there are rules.

Don't like the rules?

Go somewhere else to look at guns.

It's really meant for people who plan on selling/trading etc.

No gun show is going to stop me from conceal carry. I've conceal carried in about every show on the west side of WA.

I've noticed more than a few people also carrying, some even openly.

WAC membership crap can shove it, don't care about their carry policies either. Getting kicked out of a whack show would really be heartbreaking. :s0058:

It's really meant for people who plan on selling/trading etc.

No gun show is going to stop me from conceal carry. I've conceal carried in about every show on the west side of WA.

I've noticed more than a few people also carrying, some even openly.

WAC membership crap can shove it, don't care about their carry policies either. Getting kicked out of a whack show would really be heartbreaking. :s0058:

Well, I'm sure they won't miss you with that kind of attitude!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

The only Cabela's I have been to is the one in Springfield Oregon, there is a booth as you come walking in the front door and they require that your pistol is unloaded and tie wrapped.

And I always thought that was just a greeter babe (or dude). Kinda like Wal-Mart has.

I seem to remember it stating that if you intended to do business with them which involved any handling of your firearm that it must be safety checked and flagged by them. Correct me if I am wrong, it has been a few years and I was only there once.

You are correct, in WA at least - not sure about Oregon. The check-in station only applies to people coming in for trading/maintenance/warranty, not concealed weapons.

Every time that I have gone into a gun show in Portland I've been asked if I have a firearm (any kind) including concealed. They then do put the tie wrap through it. I simply don't carry concealed at their gun shows any longer, not worth the hassle and just don't go to many of them any longer.

Every time that I have gone into a gun show in Portland I've been asked if I have a firearm (any kind) including concealed. They then do put the tie wrap through it. I simply don't carry concealed at their gun shows any longer, not worth the hassle and just don't go to many of them any longer.

They've also told me and others that if they catch you with a loaded mag, they will take it an keep it. Not sure how legal that is, however.

there are other stores that do not want you to open carry and don't want guns in the store if you don't have a chl.
If you have one, no problem as long as you don't OC.

I don't know about you but I don't readily holster and unholster my CC or OC'd firearm.. Unless training.
So that point of finding a dream holster and wanting to fit it is moot.
Your CC or OC platform should have already had a decent retention system and not some cheap china nylon uncle mikes holster.

Now fitting something like a 4-6" barrel pistol is entirely different, but then again.. You are most likely going to just carry that in anyhow.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top