JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some say you should carry all day / every day and especially at home.

For me, it depends on the situation. I work at home and live out in the country so drive by's are not an issue, though we get the occasional lost person and/or potential thief casing the area. I keep a gun nearby during the day and at night when we're in bed. Also, having two large dogs (100+ lbs each) with deep intimidating barks provides an extra level of security.

When I go into town, I conceal carry about 50% of the time, mostly when heading into the city (Spokane).

In those cases, I'm not feeling especially cocky. In fact, the LAST thing I want to do is draw down on someone. As a result, when I carry I pay a lot more attention to my surroundings, which is sort of the opposite of what you'd expect, I guess. It's more out of caution and a sense of being responsible. I avoid some areas that might be a problem (I do that whether or not I'm armed, really).

Having a gun doesn't fill me with swagger at all. It's an added burden that demands added responsibility and awareness. It's just another facet of being an adult.

Some say you should carry all day / every day and especially at home.

For me, it depends on the situation. I work at home and live out in the country so drive by's are not an issue, though we get the occasional lost person and/or potential thief casing the area. I keep a gun nearby during the day and at night when we're in bed. Also, having two large dogs (100+ lbs each) with deep intimidating barks provides an extra level of security.

When I go into town, I conceal carry about 50% of the time, mostly when heading into the city (Spokane).

In those cases, I'm not feeling especially cocky. In fact, the LAST thing I want to do is draw down on someone. As a result, when I carry I pay a lot more attention to my surroundings, which is sort of the opposite of what you'd expect, I guess. It's more out of caution and a sense of being responsible. I avoid some areas that might be a problem (I do that whether or not I'm armed, really).

Having a gun doesn't fill me with swagger at all. It's an added burden that demands added responsibility and awareness. It's just another facet of being an adult.

There really are so many considerations that you have to think through by choosing to carry a gun. I'm not even talking about using it. The clothes you wear, the places you go, the ability to remain comfortable, the ability to lock it up if you go somewhere you can't have it, urinal or stall, etc.

I think having a threat assessment and then having layers such as dogs, cameras, barriers, etc are a good thing because they require very little effort on your part, yet are really disruptive to a bad guy.

Saw this vintage advertising poster. You won't see something like this anymore.

1611764792250.png

"For that strange, depraved creep who won't leave you alone". Today we call them stalkers...

"Easy for a gal to carry"... Wow, just wow. My gal can handle a semi-auto, the Amazon she is :s0140:

I think Colt's touting the lightness of it's aluminum frame, especially when carried in her purse.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top