JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,

I came across an interesting article from the Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...f-houston-faculty-campus-carry-law-texas-guns

I find it appalling in the way that many faculty and students react to conceal carry on their campus. Having a law forbidding or allowing conceal carry on campus grounds does not affect criminals. The only thing a law like this affects are law abiding citizens.

Quote: "Last October a UT economics professor emeritus said he would quit because "the risk that a disgruntled student might bring a gun into the classroom and start shooting at me has been substantially enhanced by the concealed-carry law"."

Universities are supposed to be hubs of academics and critically minded individuals. Why would a law allowing conceal carry on campus forfeit any of their personal security. I am not aware of any evidence that suggests that areas that allow conceal carry are more dangerous to be in.

The article explains that weapons are not allowed in living quarters on military installations. This logic behind this is that there are several security measures in place within military installations. The purpose of conceal carry is diminished when there's an armed guard patrolling outside your bedroom window. I suppose the writer of this article has never been involved with the military. Another example of how clear ignorance and emotional knee jerking fuels the opposition.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...f-houston-faculty-campus-carry-law-texas-guns

I'm not surprised by the media's response to the new law, give it time and there will be nothing to write about.

Dancing Drama Queens! Manly Men not wanted...
2000.jpg

It's sick to see this kind of stuff happen in Texas.

From the article: "Someplace where she can feel confident that the person she is sitting next to is not packing a concealed pistol."

What a fool.

Looks to me like a planted "gun nut" for the media to interview for a few stereotyped dumb redneck, racist, hate-quotes...

3000.jpg

Really ?? The ONLY guy with a gun at a gun rights protest has his mag in bass-akwards?

Nice catch Mr. Titsonritz

Looks to me like a planted "gun nut" for the media to interview for a few stereotyped dumb redneck, racist, hate-quotes...

View attachment 279839

Really ?? The ONLY guy with a gun at a gun rights protest has his mag in bass-akwards?

Nice catch Mr. Titsonritz

I noticed that as well. I was perplexed by it. My attention was drawn away by all the Mumbo jumbo in the rest of the article though.

As a non ak owner, is that even possible to do?

The only thing a law like this affects are law abiding citizens.

If that is true, maybe it's time to stop being so law-abiding.

Yes folks, it's shocking to think about, but many professors are fools. Keep that in mind when you sign that next check for your college kid. :eek:

Love that picture with the backwards magazine; that is choice! I believe the term for what is going on there is "agitprop".

Last Edited:
College campuses have become a breeding ground for anti-gun teachings as well as anti-liberty, anti-freedom, anti-constitution thinking. Critical thinking skills have been swapped out for moral relativism. People are flooding these institutions with their children, paying huge dollars and turning out a lot of kids that have no appreciation for this country, it's history or it's liberties, and turn out with a sense of entitlement that the world owes them something. It's pathetic. Our daughter will never attend such institutions. Any university she may choose to attend will be very carefully screened by us first and will be re-screened continually.

Now, it is possible to get a good education and it's possible for good folks to make it through without being brainwashed. But the odds are against them. Some good ones, like the OP here, may even make a change for the better :) We can only hope.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top