JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hopefully this hasn't been asked and I just missed it!
Trying to figure out the following and wanted others opinions or thoughts. Not looking for legal advice just how you see it.
It looks like if you have "high capacity" preban mag and a ccw permit you can have the mag on you. But it dosnt look like it can be in the gun while carrying. Needs to be 10 or less in the firearm.
But if I read other parts it says only in the home, at range blah blah blah. Which means not carried on you it looks like 🤔
I know what I plan to do but how are others reading into this?
Is there somewhere that gives a better explanation?
Not wanting to start a battle of wits or opinions! Just curious how others see it.

Trying to figure out the following and wanted others opinions or thoughts. Not looking for legal advice just how you see it.
It looks like if you have "high capacity" preban mag and a ccw permit you can have the mag on you. But it dosnt look like it can be in the gun while carrying. Needs to be 10 or less in the firearm.
But if I read other parts it says only in the home, at range blah blah blah. Which means not carried on you it looks like 🤔
I know what I plan to do but how are others reading into this?
Is there somewhere that gives a better explanation?
Not wanting to start a battle of wits or opinions! Just curious how others see it.

But it dosnt look like it can be in the gun while carrying. Needs to be 10 or less in the firearm.
Geez, we've posted numerous times cites for what you can and cannot do. Please look at all the forum posts on this whole issue. Several members have posted, multiple times, videos by the lawyer guy from Washington Gun Rights.

If nothing else, read the freakin' RCW.

You are still allowed to carry your pistols with legally (purchased or acquired on or before 30 June 2022) procured standard capacity magazines in your pistol and/or as spare(s).

Don't be late to the party. The law isn't about what you already own, or what you can carry. It's simply an effort to stop standard capacity magazines from entering the state after 1 July 2022.

If nothing else, read the freakin' RCW.
Well sir I did not mean to offend you as it seems I did. But I have read the RCW and I don't think am late to the party.
I good part of my question was derived by reading the RCW! Most notably the following section.

(3) In order to continue to possess a large capacity magazine that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person possessing the large capacity magazine shall:
(a) Store the large capacity magazine in a secure gun storage;
and
(b) Possess the large capacity magazine only on property owned or immediately controlled by the person, or while engaged in the legal use of the large capacity magazine at a duly licensed firing range, or while engaged in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, or while traveling to or from either of these locations for the purpose of engaging in the legal use of the large capacity magazine, provided that the large capacity magazine is stored unloaded and in a separate locked container during transport.

Simpler still......

Use the Bruen decision to understand the latest take on gun control laws.
IMHO. The Govt can't regulate AW and can't regulate magazine capacity.

Of course.....this is NOT legal advice. And, I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Well sir I did not mean to offend you as it seems I did. But I have read the RCW and I don't think am late to the party.
I good part of my question was derived by reading the RCW! Most notably the following section.

(3) In order to continue to possess a large capacity magazine that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person possessing the large capacity magazine shall:
(a) Store the large capacity magazine in a secure gun storage;
and
(b) Possess the large capacity magazine only on property owned or immediately controlled by the person, or while engaged in the legal use of the large capacity magazine at a duly licensed firing range, or while engaged in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, or while traveling to or from either of these locations for the purpose of engaging in the legal use of the large capacity magazine, provided that the large capacity magazine is stored unloaded and in a separate locked container during transport.
That's not the RCW. You must be seeing an earlier version. None of that language made it in to the final bill.

Well sir I did not mean to offend you as it seems I did.
My sincere apologies that my response may have seemed harsh.

No, you didn't offend me. Just caught me at a moment when I was frustrated about how the information's been out for a while and the questions keep coming up (many of my former co-workers are just now paying attention, and we'd thrashed this out months ago before Inslee even signed the final version of the bill.

In my mind you asked an honest question. I have run into the same thing trying to find out if something has been posted before, but if you do not word your search correctly it does not always pull up what your looking for.

As a side note I work in a gun shop and at least once a day I get folks from out of state wanting to buy handguns.

They did not know you have to buy them in your state of residence or transfer them to a dealer in their state and yet they already have both rifles and hand guns, they just do not know the LAW.

A law that has been in place since 1968 and these are the folks we count on to vote for our gun rights.

Just saying

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top