JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
A bag left near our stuff, descretley hidden and my eyes had to stay on it the whole time.
I didnt enjoy having to nanny my stuff and constantly worry about it, so I tried a floating toy with a water proof container that housed our drinks (and my pistol). Its large enough to not lose sight of and my pistol stays dry and accessible.

when I've gone to the river I used to put my ID and keys in a zip lock, when I put our beach town down to claim our spot after bit I would descreetly bury the ID and keys in the sand under the beach towel. The idea here is that if your off swimming, or otherwise away from your carry bag/backpack and someone took advantage of that to grab and run off with it... I would still be able to drive home. The same trick could work with a small pistol.

BUT the fact remains IF you know you will need a gun to go swimming,you need a new swimming spot.
Doesn't matter if it's thee coolest spot in the world.
If there are drunks looking to fight,as a CC person,my oh should find a new place to go. You should never go to a place,knowing that there will be drunks and you might need your gun to fend them off
It's just irresponceable. It would be looking for a fight.

true if you know the spot is unsafe, but often the drunks arrive after you set up shop. Most outdoor swimming holes are like that somedays the crowd is cool and you make friends other days you might end up leaving after some folks show up cause its not looking good.

Yes especially around here.

What brings me to this question was having my dog attacked by the pit-bull and not being able to get to my carry peice. I danm near lost her.

Followed by that guy threatening to kill me for hurting his pittbull.

I have daily carried for over 10 years and have never had to use it even through a few tough situations.

I don't go looking for trouble and never have

What I was doing with my daily Cary while at the river was locking it in the safe in my vehicle. But was not able to get it when needed.

Hence why I was asking if anyone had good ideas.

when I've gone to the river I used to put my ID and keys in a zip lock, when I put our beach town down to claim our spot after bit I would descreetly bury the ID and keys in the sand under the beach towel. The idea here is that if your off swimming, or otherwise away from your carry bag/backpack and someone took advantage of that to grab and run off with it... I would still be able to drive home. The same trick could work with a small pistol.
That's a great idea as well!

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews