JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Now that the weather is warm we are having to carry our firearms under less and less clothing. That is not a problem for most of us since we are comfortable enough with the idea that most people pay us no attention and that just being covered is usually 90% of being concealed.

New carriers do not have the benefit of that mindset though. So many people dress inappropriately just to conceal their gun. They wear oversized clothes, load patterns, etc just to try and hide their firearm. In short, they dress like hobos, slobs, and clowns just to carry.

People post pics all the time to show how easily their gun conceals, but it is easy to conceal something in a still pic. There is no movement to expose the gun.

That is why I made this short video to show how well my carry gun conceals under even the lightest shirt. I move, bend, reach, etc and the gun stays hidden and is not obvious at all.

Check it out if interested.

YouTube - Carrying a concealed firearm under light clothing

Amazing, Hollywood hasn't found you yet?

just kidding

I carried for years in CA, couldn't get a CHL, most people don't look or care.

(BTW I figured it was better to face a misdemeanor than be dead)

I happily have my CHL now in WA, and carry it under a nice winbreaker, if some one has noticed I have never heard about it.

It's not a little gun either, being a witness full size in 45, I prefer a horizontal leather shoulder rig, I can actually remove the jacket and rig without ever exposing the gun.

I don't worry much about printing or exposing my CCW. I make a mild effort to keep it concealed, but it sometimes priints or my T-shirt will get caught on it when getting out of the car, or bending over etc. I carry a 4" 1911, so its not a small pocket pistol by any means. I know people have seen it, but nobody ever even blinks or thinks twice about it. My wife says I 'look like a cop" and that's probably what everyone thinks. Besides, I have a CHL and can legally carry (concealed or open) anywhere except where posted or federal buildings etc.
I think its more important how you carry yourself and your disposition. Polite and friendly with a smile goes a long way. In my opinion it makes for a good ambassador towards those afraid of guns etc.

I get "made" every so often.... but I've only had neutral or positive reactions when it happens.

I used to go out of my way to stay concealed at all times. Now I just make a reasonable effort and have relaxed.

Sent from Samsung Captivate using Tapatalk

...New carriers do not have the benefit of that mindset though. So many people dress inappropriately just to conceal their gun...

For sure. Takes a few times out with it to get past the "everyone is looking at my gun" syndrome. My wife would definitely tell me if she noticed my gun. She did mention it once; except it was my cell phone case on my belt that she saw. The gun was on the other side. :)

Have you tried the Kangaroo holster - It is made out of cotton and holds the gun under your arm. So could wear it against my body ( Cotton)- but usually wear it over a T Shirt overed with a casual sports shirt.

Check out KangarooCarry.com The website is excellent and explains all. It's like a belly band worn high up under the pecs, but you don't need to wear it tight since the shoulder strap bears the weight. It's really made well, and delivery took FOUR days for mine.........................elsullo

Have you tried the Kangaroo holster - It is made out of cotton and holds the gun under your arm. So could wear it against my body ( Cotton)- but usually wear it over a T Shirt overed with a casual sports shirt.

Nice vid and good thoughts.

I am NOT a big guy by any stretch and can make a full-size Gov't disappear under a t-shirt in a Milt Sparks holster.

Inside the pants isn't the most comfortable deal for extended time periods. I can also easily conceal the same gun in an untucked dress shirt in an outside pants hi-right Blackhawk pancake style holster no problem.

Nobody is looking at you. Nobody.

A full shoulder rig in a photojournalist vest in SE PDX and, yeah, people are going to look at you.

- Z

I think everyone is a bit paranoid at first. I worried about being 'made' with my small bersa .380 before.. Then I started pocket carrying it and didn't mind that it printed a bit. Now my Glock 22 prints at times, but unless someone is looking for a horizontal line right above my belt line they wont see a thing. I've talked with neighbors wearing just an undershirt and no one even glances at my nearly exposed G22...and they would say something.

PBP, the only thing that would make me take notice of you is the amount of times you tug your shirt tail. You may not do that when carrying in the real world, but if you do, that would draw attention. Other than that, great video and very good advice.
Thanks

Concealed, to me, does not mean "hide at all costs".
I carry on my hip/waist in whichever holster I feel like that day, and that's it.

When it gets warm enough that a T shirt is the only shirt, I just open carry. I only carry OWB and it is covered by something 9-10 months out of the year. Just the method I choose to carry and I am breaking no laws by doing so.
Dave

PBP, the only thing that would make me take notice of you is the amount of times you tug your shirt tail. You may not do that when carrying in the real world, but if you do, that would draw attention. Other than that, great video and very good advice.
Thanks

Thats exactly what I was thinking too. Since I have started carrying, I have noticed people doing that. I had to break myself of it too, always checking to make sure my shirt didn't get behind the grips of the pistol.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top