JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At several points he states that Idaho doesn't require a permit to carry...this leads me to believe he is combining concealed carry with open carry...'cuz we certainly do need a permit for concealed carry.

@albin25 hmm, 18-3302 (3) (d) seems to me most of the state is carry without a permit.
Most meaning area, not places you'd like to go.

18-3302 (3) No person shall carry concealed weapons on or about his person without a license to carry concealed weapons, except:
(a) In the person's place of abode or fixed place of business;
(b) On property in which the person has any ownership or leasehold interest;
(c) On private property where the person has permission to carry concealed weapons from any person with an ownership or leasehold interest;
(d) Outside the limits of or confines of any city.

IANAL don't take this as legal advice.

Riclnor. I like that your bringing facts to the table. First the dgu study then this. This is far more interesting than hearing people vent and regurgitate one liner gun phrases they heard at their local gun store.
Thank you

RicinOr....
Jeepers...tunnel vision is a funny thing.
Here I am living in Idaho, but because I'm in a small city (35k) I just become accustomed to needing the permit to get around town day after day after day...(taking it off when crossing over to Clarkston,Wa.).
Been running on autopilot not even thinking about the great wide open.

I need to invent an "IdaHolster" that can convert back and forth from open to concealed (like a Sneaky Pete with a removeable flap);)

Lott is also the author of a great book: More Guns, Less Crime. The version I read last year is in its third edition and includes 35+ years of statistics/analysis.

It's a struggle to wade through if you're not an economist or statistics wonk, but it has a ton of accurate data and breaks each argument down into bite-sized chunks. The charts and data are very easy to understand and have come in very handy when talking to people who are "on the fence" about guns and disputing erroneous claims made by the media and others who are actively peddling misinformation.

You have to follow the link to the get the download (PDF)

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2629704

Author: John Richard Lott, Jr. is an American economist, political commentator, and gun rights advocate. Lott was formerly employed at various academic institutions including the University of Chicago, Yale ...

And he is not without controversy, as you would expect.
excellent, thanks for sharing

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top