JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Let's start here: An establishment (not Federal building, or other public building where concealed carry is prohibited) has posted on the door that firearms are prohibited, even by those who are licensed to carry. If you carry concealed into the establishment, they wouldn't (or shouldn't) know, right? If for some reason, it was discovered that someone was carrying in that establishment, what would be the consequences? What could the establishment do, other than request that you leave or call the police? I can't seem to find anything.

They can ask you to leave. If you do not they can trespass you. If you return you can be arrested.

Is my understanding of the law in Oregon.

If I may, I would like to add a second question to build on this thread. Hypothetical situation:
- you are in WA State
- you have your CPL and are concealed-carrying your pistol
- you enter say a shopping mall
- the shopping mall has posted "No firearms" signs but you don't see it
- someone else starts an altercation, pulls a knife, and comes at you
- you shoot them

My question is would the entity (in this case the shopping mall) that posted the "No firearms" sign have much legal recourse if they sued you?

Peter

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads