JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you have a Concealed Carry Permit?

• Yes.

Votes: 177 89.4%
  • No.

Votes: 21 10.6%

• Total voters
Reactions
After reading this thread and seeing this post; I am a little curious myself.

How many people on this board have a CHL or something similar?

Hopefully this thread will get enough responses to give us a rough representation of how many people have a CHL.

Yes meaning you have a permit/license for any state, or multiple licenses. You can mark "Yes" if you have submitted the paperwork (assuming you live in a "Shall Issue" state and don't have anything on your record prohibiting you from concealed carrying).
No meaning you don't have one.

Speaking for WA... having a CPL does not necessarily equal daily concealed carry. Many folks who target shoot, just like the added conveniences:

1) easier to transport
2) slightly easier process new gun purchase from FFL

Very true.
In my opinion, it was pretty easy to get too. Less painful than a trip to the DMV. When I don't carry, I still have my permit on me. I use it as a second piece of ID at times. :s0155:

I have a WA CPL, as I am a resident. I prefer and carry openly about 90% of the time.

I have an OR CHL, as a non resident. I visit family in OR. I prefer and open carry in OR about 90% of the time.

(I carry 99% of the time, everywhere where legal)

If I recall correctly via a thread I read this morning that the sheriffs now have to give out the records of who has a permit so wanting to keep it secret is a moot point now. Please correct me if I am wrong as I am hoping it is a bad dream.

I got it when i first moved out here (WA) because I thought you needed one to legally own a handgun.... What? I grew up around Chicago and didn't know anyone out here. There was a wait, but I thought if I was going to be able to own and carry a gun in the end I was getting away with something.

Anyway, I'm glad I have it now because I don't have to worry about anything. Just load it and carry it. Or not. But the option is there and its 100% legal. It's a nice feeling :)

I'm going to gently encourage (fill out the paperwork, pay the $50 or whatever it is) my fiance to get hers just so she can through one in the car when she is by herself... I'd hate for her (or me) to get in trouble with a gun law. people get all hot and bothered about those.

Mighty curious trend there...

I realize that this "data" isn't really significant, but it is still a very interesting figure.

If it is at all true, it would mean that there should be fewer people complaining about having to flash their permits when buying FTF...

I have two permits: one from Oregon and one from Utah.

Kool-aidHandgun.jpg

Interestingly enough if I were to get a Florida non-resident permit it covers every state that my WA permit covers and then some. Just throwing that out there for the WA residents W/O a WA CPL already.

I'm about 90% certain (I'm sure someone will quote the chapter and verse) that Washington residents will still be required to obtain a WA CPL, regardless of other states held. You didn't really think the state would miss an opportunity to get in your wallet did you?

Have CPL. Conceal Carry 95% the time (From about 60 percent when I first got my CPL). Never open carry unless my shirt comes up, but I carry it deep IWB so all you may see is the grip. Im big (6'2" and 280), so I hide about anything well.

I never open carry, even though by law I "can"... IMHO OC causes more problems than its even remotely worth.

Im more of the thought no one needs to know untill they need to know.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top