JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Instructor told us, go no where you can not control the situation.
If you cant control the situation then you shouldn't be there.
I notice everything around me 99% of the time, sometimes when the misses is talking I may
catch myself not being aware. Sometimes I hate that I can't relax when out as much as I like
but see first hand letting guard down for a second while in Oakland Cal.... nearly cost my life. ( never again so paranoid maybe but rather be be breathing )

Carry a big stick...

My car broke down awhile back, I took everything from the car because the window was stuck down. They evil people took my car battery (cause its worth a hit of drugs) and I forgot some les schwab paperwork under a seat. They had my address, I worried for a day, then I put up cameras at my house, the security cameras were cheap ($200) and gave me piece of mind. I suggest a home security camera system.
If your worried about "thugs" I suggest a facial tattoo, it will help you blend in to the thugs natural environment, also keeping a dog close by helps. Most all thugs fear dogs, its a well known fact. or dont let them get close enough to hit you over the head, since your carrying a gun thats always an option if a thug attacks you. But Oregon doesnt have a self defense law, so once you pull a gun in a fist fight oregon sees you as the aggressor, until you shoot the thug and they die, then its your word against their dead, word.

You really need to be proactive about this. Use a steaming cup of cup a noodles for bait and when the nearest bum goes for it, bonk him on the head and take his wallet and then when you get bonked on the head, the bonker will take his wallet.

don't do that

I think that you are worrying needlessly. A perp who would assault and rob you is rather unlikely to target your home. More likely is the auto thief who checks your registration. Burglars are normally burglars and robbers normally robbers. Nevertheless, find out if you can use a P.O. box on your permit. Same with your car registration. However, situational awareness can prevent all of this. Park away from other cars if possible. See some dudes hanging around? Make a fake cell call while looking at them and circling around them in your car. They'll get the message if they are capering.

I don't like carrying ID with my street address on it. If I'm knocked in the head by a thug, they can get my house keys and my ID with address (drivers license and CC permit). OR if you lose the CC permit whoever finds it has a good idea that address has guns.

I see no reason to put street address on a CC permit. Police can pull it up instantly and get your address from the number - it has your photo, name, town - that's enough.

In fact, why carry a CC permit at all if you have a drivers license - the electronic CC permit could be seen by police when you hand them your DL.

Why make it easier for criminals to know where guns are stored?

Ditto car registration - there is no need to print the street address on it. If it's in your car, and you go to a trailhead for a hike, or to hunt, a thief could get the address, call his buddy near your house and say "This guy is in the woods - quick, rob his house."

Why does the government endanger us needlessly?

I never leave any ID in the car especially at trailheads, take it with you. If you lose your CHL or your wallet gets lost or stolen they would know your house has guns... I hear what your saying. If were going to have a permit there are reasons for including your address on it actually... but personally, the solution to this is constitutional carry. We shouldn't need to carry a permission slip to exercise our right in the first place.

The criticism of your situational awareness is overly critical.... yes be vigilant but that doesn't mean everyone is perfect or you would never need to carry a gun.

why don't you just black out the address on your car registration?

Oregon Drivers Can Obscure Or Black Out Addresses From Documents Under New Law

Awesome! Thanks for that article. I've written to some of the legislators (can't remember which ones - maybe the anti's like Prozanski) - maybe they're actually thinking about it.

I have been blacking out the registration address for years, but always worried about what they'd say in a traffic ticket situation. I've even scratched off the address on my CHL in the past, but I don't know if I'd get in trouble for that, so I haven't scratched it off my latest one. Mostly my concern is when walking with CC around the burbs here in Washington County - CHL is the only ID I have on me. You have to pass by people sometime who are questionable and since I don't have eyes in the back of my head......

As others have recommended - don't leave personal data or valuables in your car. Ever.

I've even scratched off the address on my CHL in the past, but I don't know if I'd get in trouble for that, so I haven't scratched it off my latest one. Mostly my concern is when walking with CC around the burbs here in Washington County - CHL is the only ID I have on me.

In Oregon the address on your CHL has to match exactly the address on your drivers license. Ironically, I dont think your required to carry your DL if out walking....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top