JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, as he points out the ASUO (Associated Senate of the Universities of Oregon or something), really doesn't have the authority to do this as they are beholden to state law. It is kind of silly of them to do this, but oh well.

Saldana, I'm a PCC student and a former marine. I carry on campus. I posted on your article. I wish I went to UO so I could fight this along side you. Fear is not an excuse to infringe on people's rights. If it were half the morons in this state wouldn't be allowed to drive.

I am not concerned with this because I am no longer a student, but I do believe that students should be allowed to carry on campus. I carry on the OSU campus when I visit, with my permit of course. Any place that receives public money should not be allowed to restrict anyone's right to legally carry. Private universities and private businesses can do what they want and I respect that. Eugene is one of the most liberal places in te state, so this does not surprise me. My kid won't go there if that is their attitude. Voting with your dollars is the best way to deal with this kind of stuff.

I think that this will lose wind in the sails quickly. I have known many students and even professors that have carried on campuses. The some of the anti's are mostly in the Eugene and bigger metro areas. Alot of schools like OIT or OSU have a bigger student base from outerlying or rural areas with good down home pro gun families.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top