Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Concealed Carry on Campus Debate rages on

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by boxer13, Jan 24, 2012.

1. boxer13

boxer13 PNW Active Member

Bow and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

FYI, I highly doubt a Senator would read and post on an online College Newspaper article. Someone is trolling.

3. boxer13

boxer13 PNW Active Member

He is a school senator, not a real senator.

4. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

Well, as he points out the ASUO (Associated Senate of the Universities of Oregon or something), really doesn't have the authority to do this as they are beholden to state law. It is kind of silly of them to do this, but oh well.

5. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Ah, well in that case I'm Secretary of Defense Riot.

6. Bow

Bow Rural Willamette Valley New Member

Good Article Saldana , if you rename your column I'd subscribe - gun show!

7. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

Saldana, I'm a PCC student and a former marine. I carry on campus. I posted on your article. I wish I went to UO so I could fight this along side you. Fear is not an excuse to infringe on people's rights. If it were half the morons in this state wouldn't be allowed to drive.

8. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

Is it bad that the only thing I took away from that article and comment thread was that college students need better grammatical oversight and spell check?

9. osterr1999

osterr1999 Silverton, OR Active Member

I am not concerned with this because I am no longer a student, but I do believe that students should be allowed to carry on campus. I carry on the OSU campus when I visit, with my permit of course. Any place that receives public money should not be allowed to restrict anyone's right to legally carry. Private universities and private businesses can do what they want and I respect that. Eugene is one of the most liberal places in te state, so this does not surprise me. My kid won't go there if that is their attitude. Voting with your dollars is the best way to deal with this kind of stuff.

10. RIABnd1t02

RIABnd1t02 Corvallis New Member

I think that this will lose wind in the sails quickly. I have known many students and even professors that have carried on campuses. The some of the anti's are mostly in the Eugene and bigger metro areas. Alot of schools like OIT or OSU have a bigger student base from outerlying or rural areas with good down home pro gun families.