1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Concealed Carry on a Bicycle

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by wavo, Nov 15, 2009.

1. wavo

wavo Portland Member

My brother in law is an avid cyclist and rides his bike nearly everyday to work. He was asking me yesterday if I knew of any good way to carry on a bike. I'm not sure what clothes he wears while riding, but I get the feeling that it is minimal. He wondered if there was some small bag or attachment he could secure right under his seat that would allow him to conceal his gun, but still have easy access.

I know when he goes hiking he wears a fanny pack to store his firearm but apparently that is not feasible while riding his bike.

He has only a XDM 9mm so it's not a tiny gun. I feel it would be easier if he had something smaller.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?
  2. gammone

gammone oregon New Member

A handlebar bag for touring would do the trick.
  3. The Cheese

The Cheese somewhere special Member

I did a couple DH runs on my downhill bike with my glock on my hip in normal carry position. Didn't fall out and wasn't bad. For commuting though that might be another story. Also, when you wash out in an off camber corner and land on said glock it doesn't feel too great. Don't ask me how I know this.
  4. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

5. robertg

robertg Sandy Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

I always carry when I ride, I use a fanny pack twisted around to my right hand side. I also carry my wallet and key in it. That way it's always with me, not just on the bike.
  6. PDXGS

PDXGS Aloha... yes, Aloha, Oregon Member

I carry my S&W 360PD in my jersey back pocket...I bought it for cycling. I can't imagine carrying anything too big in the jersey or in a chest rig while riding. I was able to mount a kydex holster to my handlebar stem and made a crude cover for it so that it wasn't obvious as a gun..I tried that for a while and still ended up with it in my jersey.
  7. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

The handlebar bag, just like carrying in a purse, sounds to me like one would be risking theft. I prefer having my weapon on my person over it being in a bag, box or under the car seat.